MSMC Bk 1-Chapter 2

Chapter 2- Marley's Night Terrors

I grew up in Oklahoma city to a middle income, reasonably normal family, at least for the first 11 years of my life. My mom passed away when I was 11 from cancer. My father didn't handle it well at all and took to drinking almost constantly. He went from being my fun, loving father to not being able to get up and go to work or showing up drunk until his boss got fed up and he lost his job.

My older brother, Randy and I had never been particularly close, in fact he had always been somewhat of a bully to me but never when my parents were looking or around to catch him at it. He had always been a handful. I think he was really jealous because I was an A/B student while he was constantly in trouble at school, when he even bothered to show up and was girl crazy. I came home one day after school not long after my mom passed away to find a naked girl in his room crying and him yelling at her to get out. Some of the language he had used made my ears burn.

I was only 12 years old the first time my older brother came into my room one night. He was 15, almost 16 and reeked of weed and beer. I woke up to him pulling down my panties. He was totally naked, his pajama bottoms were laying in a pile just inside my closed bedroom door.

"Randy, what are you doing?" I asked as I tried to grab my panties back from him.

"I just want to love on you, Marley." Randy whispered with a slur to his voice.

"Why are you naked? You know mommy wouldn't like it if you don't have all your clothes on in front of me." I told him.

"Well, mommy is not here anymore and I need this. Now be quiet. I will make us both feel so good." Randy said as he began to stroke himself as he tried to push my nightgown up again so he could get to my panties.

"No! Go away, Randy or I'll tell Daddy on you." I said as I fought against his hands.

"That drunken SOB won't do shit. All he does is drink until he falls asleep." Randy said in disgust. "Hell, he's not even home. I think he went bar hopping and whore hunting again. Be still. This won't take long." Randy said as he tried again and again to pull down my panties, getting more and more frustrated that I wouldn't let him take them off he finally lost his temper and hit me. "I said hold still."

My face stung like mad and I was so shocked that I froze as I just stared at him. Randy took advantage of that and yanked my nightgown up and roughly pulled down my panties. When he went to lay down on top of me, I lifted my knee and accidentally caught him square in the balls. Randy screamed in pain and fell off of my bed. I jumped over him laying on the floor and ran for my father but he wasn't home. Apparently he had gone to the bar or the liquor store and it was just me and Randy in the house. Not knowing what to do, I ran in the bathroom and locked myself in. I jumped in the tub, shivering and crying, unable to understand what was happening and why Randy was acting this way.

Randy came and pounded on the door at first demanding that I open the door and then yelled "You had better not tell anyone or I will make you pay, Marley."

The next morning, I woke up with a huge bruise on my cheek and I was so cold and sore from sleeping in the cold bathtub all night. At least today was Saturday and I didn't have to go to school but opening that bathroom door had taken all of my courage. I wondered if my father and Randy were home. I finally cracked the door and peeked down the hall. Randy's bedroom door was open, which meant he wasn't in there.

I hurried to my bedroom and quickly got dressed in jeans and t-shirt. I planned on going over to my friend Shirley's house today. She lived two houses down across the street. I walked into the kitchen and was not surprised that no one was there. The car was gone, which meant my father either never came home last night or had gotten up early and left.