MSMC Bk 1-Chapter 4

Chapter 4-Finding the moles

Hunter's POV

The next morning, I was up early, having barely slept after what had happened with Charlie last night. I felt so bad about scaring her. That had not been my intention at all.

Around 6 am, I wandered into the kitchen and wasn't really surprised when I found Circuit in there pouring coffee. "Morning!" Circuit said.

"Mornin'. It's too early to be so chipper, dude, but I'm glad I didn't have to bang on your door to ask you for something. Can I have a cup of that?" I said.

"Sure. What do you need?" Circuit asked.

I turned on the water in the sink full blast and then put a finger to my lips to let Circuit know to keep his voice down. "First of all this is to stay between me and you for now. Prez has enough on his plate right now and I don't want to stress him out anymore than he already is. Okay?" I said.

"Sure. Anything. What's up?" Circuit asked.

"First of all I want you to scan the clubhouse, especially Prez's office and church but in here as well for bugs and possibly cameras. I'm not 100% sure yet, but I'm beginning to think we've got a mole. I can't think of any other way these damned traffickers are finding out when we are coming. I'm surprised they left Charlie behind. They must have thought she was dead. This is not the first time they have managed to skip out before we got there. They have to have someone feeding them information." Hunter explained. "We have a lot of new prospects that have come around in the past year. I want in depth background checks on every one of them. If anyone has anything questionable, I want to know immediately. Do the scan first and as soon as possible please."

"On it! I just need to get some equipment from my den and I'll start right away." Circuit said. "Anyway, you can get all of the prospects out of the house for the day? I'll search and scan their rooms too."

"Oh, I'm sure I can come up with something." I grinned at him as I shut the water off and we went our separate ways. I went to stand by the front window as I tried to come up with something for the prospects to do for the day.

Maybe some yard work. The grass needed to be cut soon and some of the bushes along the fence needed to be trimmed up. Yeah, that would keep them busy for most of the day. I'd talk to the Sergeant of Arms, Ox, about it as soon as he was up. It was normally his job to direct the prospects and he might have noticed one or more of them acting suspiciously.

3rd Person POV

Prez and Dixie were up around 9 am. Dixie went into the kitchen to start breakfast while Prez went into his office to make some calls. First he called the local sheriff's office and spoke to Carl MacIntosh.

"Sheriff's office." The Sergeant on duty answered.

"Hey Sarge. It's Rooster. Carl in?" Prez asked.

"Yeah, hang on a sec." Sergeant Micah Harrison said and hit the hold button and then hit the button for the Sheriff's line. "Sheriff, Rooster from the MSMC is on line 1 for you."

"Thanks, Sarge." Sheriff said and then hit the line 1 button. "Hey Rooster. What's up?" He was dying to know if the MC had anything to do with that abandoned building blowing up last night but knew better than to ask. What he didn't know, he couldn't do anything about. Rooster and his club had done more good for this community than even the high and mighty church goody goody's would do in a lifetime.