MSMC Bk 1-Chapter 14

Chapter 14-A threat to the Rescue Farm

Hunter's POV

As soon as I left the women in the kitchen, I went to Circuits lair and knocked on his door. "Come in." I heard and pushed open the door.

"Dude, you really need to open a window in here. It still stinks like weed and sex in here." I told him and felt like gagging. "I need you to check and see if Randy Connely ever sold their house and can you get into his parents finances and see if he managed to empty their bank account? And into his to see if he ever collected on the insurance?"

"Well, the first one is easy. The bank is not even that hard but the insurance thing may take a while but I'll work on it." Circuit said. "I checked on laptops for you and this is the one I recommend." He pulled up an ad with a picture and details on a new laptop.

"Damn they never do get cheaper, do they?" I said.

"Only when they've gone obsolete, which they usually do every six months. Like all things nowadays. Nothing is built to last anymore." Circuit said.

"Well, email me the link. I've got to figure out how I'm going to buy a house, an engagement ring, paint and buy new beds before I worry about a new laptop." I told him.

"Wow. So you are going to marry Marley and buy a house together? That's heavy dude. You just met her like less than a week ago." Circuit said.

"I know. Why is everyone so hung up on how long we've known each other? I knew the second I saw her that she is the one for me." I said, getting frustrated with everyone doubting us.

"Love at first sight? It's really rare and usually just turns out to be lust for a hot looking woman." Circuit said.

"Well, if I didn't truly love her, that lust would have gone right out the window when I saw her back today. She's covered with scars from her shoulders clear down to the backs of her legs. Snake used a whip and a knife on her a LOT. But my feelings didn't change one iota. In fact it makes me care for her even more because it shows me what a strong person she is.

She went through a hell that would have sent most men to the funny farm but even though she's been having a really rough time recovering, she's doing better and better all the time and I want to be there to help her find herself again. She says I make her feel safe and I couldn't walk away from her now, even if I wanted to, which I don't." I tried to explain to him.

"Well, I'm glad for you both. I can't believe I've seen two good friends find the love of their lives by love at first sight. Remember what Ox was like when he first met Tango? She walked into our camp at Sturgis with her friend and it was like someone had smacked him on the head. He could barely put two words together that didn't include Tango's name or had something to do with her. Lord, you talk about a lovesick puppy! He was absolutely pitiful the week she went to her folks to help out when her mom got sick." Circuit reminisced and we both laughed because what he said was so true. I barely make it through the nights because Marley is not with me. I couldn't wait for that to change.

"Well, I've got to go check in with Rooster. Let me know when you have that information, please." I said and stood up to leave and when I opened the door I found Rooster with his hand in the air like he was about to knock.

"Hey Prez. Are you looking for me or are you here for stinky?" I asked.

"HEY! I do not stink!" Circuit yelled from behind me.

"Maybe not but this room reeks! Open a window or get some spray. This maybe your lair but some of us have to come in here sometimes for club business and we really don't want to smell where you just finished fucking some sweet butt." Rooster said, obviously not in the mood for jokes. He pulled the door closed behind us and said "I need to talk to you."