Chapter 8

As Soobin hurried down the stairs to respond to Miss Chelsea's urgent call, Yeonjun remained with Beomgyu, Taehyun, and Hueningkai, who were curious about their brief encounter.

"Do we know each other, somehow? It feels like I know you, like I saw you somewhere but I can't remember," Beomgyu asked, his curiosity piqued.

Yeonjun chuckled lightly. "Oh, is that so? I don't know, but I think I've seen him before," he added, pointing playfully at Hueningkai.

"Me? How? When?" Hueningkai questioned, genuinely puzzled.

"I wish I could say," Yeonjun replied with a smile. "So, which year are you guys in?" he asked, diverting the conversation.

"We're first years, freshmen," Taehyun answered.

Yeonjun nodded knowingly. "Ah, the newbies," he remarked amiably.

"And you? You must be our senior then?" Taehyun inferred.

"Well, actually, I'm not a stud-" Yeonjun started to respond but was abruptly interrupted by Chelsea's urgent call.

"Yeonjun! Soob-He, he-" Chelsea struggled to articulate, clearly in distress.

Concerned, Yeonjun immediately moved to follow Chelsea as she grasped his wrist and hurried him away. The sudden departure left Beomgyu, Taehyun, and Hueningkai bewildered.

"What was that all about?" Beomgyu asked, perplexed by the sudden turn of events.

"Who is Soob?" Hueningkai inquired, equally confused.

"Must be some emergency," Taehyun speculated. "It's getting late. Let's head to our classroom," he suggested, already on the second floor.

Agreeing, the trio made their way to their designated classroom. As they settled in, waiting for the teacher to arrive, they discussed the earlier encounter.

"Where have you seen him before, Beomgyu? And how could he have seen me somewhere?" Hueningkai asked, trying to make sense of the situation.

"I don't know. When I saw his face, it just struck me that I've seen him before," Beomgyu admitted. Turning to Taehyun, he asked, "Do you remember anything?"

"I'm not sure," Taehyun replied thoughtfully. "It's odd though, considering how close we've been. If he knew Kai, we should've known his name, but he dashed off before we could ask," he reasoned.

"Doesn't matter now. Let's wait and ask him later. For now, let's focus on the class," Beomgyu suggested, steering the conversation back to the present.

With the teacher's arrival, they returned to their seats, joining the other students in animated conversations, eager to begin their college journey despite the lingering mystery surrounding Yeonjun's identity and his sudden departure.

By the time Yeonjun reached the medical room, his breaths were heavy from the exertion of running. Pushing open the door, he was met with the sight of Soobin lying on a bed, eyes shut as if unconscious. Yeonjun hurried over, calling out to his cousin.

"Soobin? Can you hear me? Open your eyes, please," Yeonjun pleaded softly, his concern evident.

"Let him rest for a while," advised the boy nurse attending Soobin.