Chapter 13

Days passed swiftly for the boys, who immersed themselves in college studies, extracurricular activities like their music band and the dance club, and the ongoing search for a suitable place to live together.

Soobin continued diligently in his role as the college accountant, managing the responsibilities well as there was no immediate replacement found by the principal. Grateful for the opportunity, Soobin was allowed to be registered in the college's third year, pending a formality test, which enabled him to borrow syllabus books from the library for self-study. Spending most of his time in the accounts office and library, Soobin kept a low profile about his personal circumstances, preferring not to elaborate when recognized as "the accountant." He maintained his anonymity with a mask, relieved that Jayhoon's varied departments kept him away from the music and dance clubs he had little interest in.

Meanwhile, Yeonjun thrived in his role at the convenience store, where work mostly ran smoothly despite occasional fatigue. He maintained a lively social life, staying connected with many friends from middle school. Lee Chan, one of his closest friends, occasionally covered shifts for Soobin, providing both Yeonjun and Chan with opportunities to catch up on each other's lives. Their bond remained strong amidst their respective busy schedules and commitments.

Beomgyu, Taehyun, and Hueningkai were thoroughly enjoying their college experience. Their classes went smoothly, and they quickly made friends with their classmates, who shared their friendly vibes. Taehyun and Hueningkai, in particular, found kindred spirits and made friends easily, especially bonding with Yeonjun in the dance club where they danced and socialized together with great enthusiasm.

Despite his reserved nature, Beomgyu felt surprisingly comfortable around Yeonjun, finding it easy to open up to him. However, he still maintained his guard up when it came to revealing everything about himself to anyone other than Taehyun or Kai. His walls remained intact.

In the music club, they formed a band with two other classmates, Jay and Heeseung. The bond between them was strong, and their camaraderie helped them achieve the cohesion needed for a successful band. Heeseung, observant of Beomgyu's reserved nature, took the initiative to slowly befriend him, which Beomgyu deeply appreciated. Heeseung proved to be caring and supportive, becoming a valuable friend to Beomgyu.

The five of them spent much of their time in the music club room, practicing and refining their music. Beomgyu would often find excuses to visit the library to read the notes he had received. Though Taehyun and Kai noticed a change in Beomgyu's behavior, they respected his privacy, understanding that if Beomgyu wanted to share something with them, he would do so in his own time. They patiently awaited his readiness to confide in them.

It sounds like Beomgyu and Soobin have formed an unexpected but meaningful connection through their notes. Beomgyu finds solace in sharing his worries with someone who doesn't judge him, while Soobin appreciates having a friend, even if it's a stranger for now, with whom he can share his thoughts and feelings.

Beomgyu enjoys teasing Soobin playfully in his replies, knowing it will elicit a response, perhaps a lengthy one, from Soobin. Despite this banter, their exchange seems to bring comfort to both of them. Soobin finds himself eager to engage in these conversations and wishes he could meet Beomgyu in person to put a face to the words that have brought him solace.

Their correspondence reflects a budding friendship that transcends the usual boundaries of college acquaintanceship, offering mutual support and understanding without the constraints of revealing personal identities or academic details.

***