Chapter 9

It was a busy morning for Yeonjun and Soobin as they attended their respective tasks at the college. Yeonjun headed to the reception to check his schedule for the day, while Soobin went to gather accounting information. After noting down his schedule, Yeonjun proceeded to the Dance Club room, bidding Soobin farewell with reassurances.

Meanwhile, as Miss Chelsea was occupied, she asked Mr. Joseph, the IT teacher, to assist Soobin in retrieving the necessary files from the accounts office.

"Soobin, while I finish up my tasks, you can begin reviewing those files. They contain last year's details which might be useful. I'll join you once the other receptionist arrives, which shouldn't take more than twenty minutes," Miss Chelsea instructed Soobin.

"Okay," Soobin acknowledged as he accompanied Mr. Joseph to the basement, where the accounts office was located due to its storage of confidential college information.

Entering the office, Mr. Joseph laid out the files on a table for Soobin.

"Here are the files. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. I'll be in the IT lab on the first floor," Mr. Joseph informed him before leaving.

"Thank you, sir," Soobin replied gratefully, taking a moment to familiarize himself with the surroundings before settling into a chair to begin reading through the files.

As he immersed himself in the documents, Soobin felt a deep satisfaction in reading every word printed on the pages. Studying had always been a passion of his, a love that had been somewhat sidelined in recent years. Books of all kinds intrigued him-from textbooks to literature, romance to horror, fantasy to biography, and even comic books and mythology. Soobin was the type to lose himself entirely in a book, devouring it without complaint until he reached the last page. Now, with the opportunity to study at this college, he eagerly looked forward to indulging in every book the library had to offer.

As Soobin was reading the files thoroughly, a knock was heard on the office door. After a second, miss Chelsea walked in with a pile of files.

"So? How's it going? It's boring. Isn't it?" she said while sitting on the opposite chair, keeping those files in front of Soobin.

"Not at all. I'm enjoying it. It's been so long since I seriously worked on something, "Soobin said while closing the file he was reading and looking at the receptionist.

"So.. Where should I start?" Soobin asked.

"You can start with this year's admissions, their installments and the older students' due fees. These files contain all the data. You can type them and tally them on this computer kept by the side of your table. And yes! Principal Sir will be visiting you in a while. And I am sure he will love your confidence and hopefully he'll let you get an admission." she said smiling.

"I hope so," Soobin said.

"So, you continue. I'll take my leave"

"Okay"

"Good luck with your new start"

"Thank you miss Chelsea"

With that, Miss Chelsea left the room and Soobin drowned his head into those files and the computer.

As Soobin delved into the files, meticulously reviewing each document, a knock interrupted his concentration. Miss Chelsea entered, laden with a stack of files, and took a seat opposite Soobin.