Chapter 12

It definitely wasn't a good start to the week, nor even a good start to the day itself. The incident with the arrogant boy had left Soobin feeling frustrated and eager for the day to end.

As he meticulously gathered and organized the scattered forms, waiting for the replacement receptionist to arrive, Soobin couldn't help but sigh, "I wanna go home already!"

Meanwhile, Beomgyu wasn't particularly proud of what he had done, but he had acted on impulse. When he confessed to Taehyun and Hueningkai, their reactions were mixed.

"Oh, how much I wish I could've seen that!" Hueningkai chuckled.

"Poor receptionist," Taehyun remarked with a sigh.

"He wasn't 'poor' at all! He should have just accepted my form in the first place," Beomgyu defended his actions, feeling somewhat justified in the moment despite the consequences.

Soobin worked diligently on his accounts, managing tasks and handling various responsibilities until he started feeling fatigued. Needing a break, he contemplated heading to the library. As he considered this, thoughts of the note crossed his mind.

Honestly, he wasn't keen on expecting another reply. After all, why would anyone bother responding to such seemingly trivial notes? Yet, despite this skepticism, a part of him felt an undeniable urge to check if there was indeed a reply waiting for him.

Soobin entered the quiet library, grateful for the peaceful atmosphere amidst his hectic day. The librarian acknowledged him with a nod before returning to her book. Soobin reciprocated with a respectful bow and a warm smile before continuing on his quest.

His mind drifted to the note he had left in the book earlier, almost expecting not to find any response. Yet, there was a faint curiosity deep within him—a curiosity that drew him back to the same bookshelf where he had left the note.

Among the rows of books, he found the familiar volume and carefully pulled it out. Sure enough, tucked between its pages was a note, waiting patiently to be read. Soobin felt a mixture of surprise and intrigue as he carried the book to a nearby table, eager to discover what words awaited him this time.

Sitting down, he unfolded the note and began to read, curious to learn more about the person who had taken the time to respond to his initial message.

After reading the note, he quickly started writing a reply:

"Hi! First of all, I apologize for not replying sooner. Work has kept me incredibly busy, and I haven't had a chance to visit the library until now. Anyway, I received your note, which I suppose can be considered a fair trade.

Let's talk about your friends! You're fortunate to have them in your life. They truly care about you. People come and go in our lives, but those who stay have a special significance. Treasure your friends who support you through every phase.

I don't have parents anymore, but I'm lucky to have a cousin who cares deeply for me. No matter how much I try to push him away, he always comes back. That's how I learned he'll be there for me forever. Think about that and stick with your friends. They're all you have.

Consider me a friend too! Feel free to write to me whenever you want. I'll be glad to talk to you. I sense you're dealing with family issues; hang in there. Things will improve with time.

Enjoy your college life with your friends. These days are precious; cherish them. Don't worry about the future now; deal with it later.

I hope you find this note. Have you read it yet? I'll check tomorrow to see.

Goodbye!"

With that, Soobin placed the note back in the book and returned to his work.

During lunchtime, Beomgyu excused himself to visit the library. His mind was swirling with thoughts about why the person hadn't replied yet. Did they perceive him as useless or pathetic? Were they mocking him behind those notes? These questions nagged at him as he pulled out the book, nearly startling himself when he found another note waiting inside. A smile involuntarily crept onto his face as he eagerly unfolded and began reading it.

After finishing the note, he paused to reflect. He realized anew how fortunate he was to have friends like Taehyun and Hueningkai in his life. Their unwavering support through his ups and downs meant everything to him. He resolved to cherish their friendship even more deeply, vowing to never let them go. As the note suggested, they were his lifeline, always attuned to his emotions and ready to stand by him. Remembering the countless moments they spent together from middle school through high school, he felt a tear slip down his cheek. Quickly wiping it away, he swallowed his emotions, not wanting others in the library to see him cry. His heart swelled with affection and gratitude towards his friends. He loved them dearly and couldn't imagine a life without their steadfast presence.

***