two - sword fighting or whatever.

chapter two.

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───

Wednesday watched Juliette beat Rowan with ease and ask anyone else for a duel. 

"I will." Wednesday stated boldly. Juliette smiled softly and accepted it. They drew their swords and began. Wednesday was the first to score a point, then Juliette. It was a draw. "For the final point, I would like to invoke a military challenge. No masks. No tips. Winner draws first blood."

"Let's see if you bleed in black and white, doll." Juliette winked, had a sudden rush of adrenaline and when they began, it was as if they were dancing. Enid, Roman and Myra watched in fear for Wednesday. Having known Juliette, they knew that she got far too carried away with almost everything she did. After going back and forth, Juliette nicked Wednesday's forehead which meant that the older girl won. Juliette shook Wednesday's hand humbly stated,

"Well played Wednesday. You're fucking good at this. I better watch my back."

Bianca smirked and snarked, "Your face finally got that splash of color it so desperately needed."

"Bianca." Juliette eyed the siren sternly and she stood down almost immediately.

Wednesday smirked and watched Juliette walk away. People moved backwards as she advanced towards them which only made Wednesday more curious about this girl. People seemed to fear her for unknown reasons but when Wednesday was with her alone, she was soft-spoken and somewhat gentle. When Juliette had choked her, it was out of fear not anger and Wednesday wanted to know what it was she feared.

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───

After being trapped in an infirmary and having a strange conversation with Rowan, Wednesday left feeling a mix of jealousy and self-disgust. Once Wednesday made it outside, she looked up and a large statue began to fall.

"Wednesday!"

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───

Wednesday's eyes widened and saw Juliette pace back and forth. 

"Juliette? What are you doing here?" Wednesday asked curiously. She couldn't remember much, only having a near death experience which wasn't nearly as good as a real one.

"Wednesday! You're awake - thank goodness. A gargoyle was falling in your direction and I couldn't have you dying on the first day." Juliette mumbled. Wednesday examined Juliette's every move. From her scratching the back of her neck when she was nervous to ears moving back and forth when she's embarrassed.

"Well... thank you... Juliette." Wednesday looked down at the ground and Juliette chuckled.

"Wasn't so hard was it?"

"You have no idea so don't expect it again." Wednesday said coldly but Juliette only grinned. "Why are you grinning?"

"I find it amusing.. You're attempt at being cold and intimidating. I seem to be immune to it." Wednesday glared at Juliette but couldn't help relax her expression.

"I despise you."

"No you don't, deep down you like me. I can sense it."

"Sense it?" Wednesday tilted her head.

"Yeah... I can read people's emotions. Yours is very much not an emotion of hatred. I feel warmth." Wednesday rolled her eyes and crossed her arms.

"I don't feel warmth. My life is filled with darkness and despair." Juliette shook her head.

"That's not what your body says." Juliette smirked and Wednesday tensed up. Wednesday pushed past Juliette with a large amount of force for her little body and Juliette rushed after her.

"Why are you following me?"

"I don't think you should be left alone. You might not have a concussion but I just want to make sure nothing bad happens to you." Usually, Wednesday would have told them to leave but she felt better, almost happier, in the taller girl's company and that was something she had never felt before. "Oh and uh by the way... We have a therapy session now."

"Perfect."