seven - first date.

chapter seven.

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───

"Daddy, where are we going?" Roman asked as Julius lifted him up.

"We're going somewhere no one will hurt us." Julius sat Roman in his seat and then picked up Juliette who was playing with daisies. "Alice darling, we've got to go now."

"Coming!" A soft voice called out from inside the house. Alice, their mother, alongside their Aunt Aurora, rushed out of the house and locked the door. Julius started the small aeroplane and they all climbed in.

"Mummy, are we running away?"

"Yes, we are going to have a brand new life." Alice kissed Juliette's forehead.

"Why are we in a plane then?" Roman asked confused.

"To get away from the bad people." Alice stroked Roman's curly hair. "We're going to go to America, the land of the Free." 

Roman squealed and giggled while Juliette pouted. "I was happy here..."

"It's not safe darling, you have to understand that." Aurora added while she buckled herself in, next to Juliette. Juliette, being five years old, did not quite understand everything but she sighed and laid her head down on her Aunt's lap. Her mother sat next to her father who took off bumpily. Aurora played with Juliette's hair and the twins soon fell asleep.

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───

"It is my honor to celebrate our town's history and Jericho's noble forefather, Joseph Crackstone. Now, he believed that with a happy heart and an open ear, there was nothing our town couldn't achieve. So together as one, our community and our friends at Nevermore Academy, we've built a monument to celebrate his memory. Now, may the spirit of Joseph Crackstone be memorialized for eternity." Walker said proudly.

"What bullshit." Juliette whispered to Xavier who was sitting on a stall next to her. Enid was on her other side. Enid laid her head on Juliette's shoulder and sighed. Juliette gave her friend a comforting rub on her back. "God, this is going to be hell. I don't get why we're celebrating this dude. I'm only here to listen to some Fleetwood Mac." Enid muttered an amen and then sat up. Myra had squeezed past everyone and had a bowl of popcorn in hand. "Uh Myra, where did you get popcorn from?"

"The racoons obvi." Myra rolled her eyes.

"Woah sis, where'd this attitude come from?" Juliette stared into Myra's eyes trying to read her.

"The racoons. They gave me this new personality. They even taught my how to hunt for trash."

"Okay babe... come sit down next to me." Enid had always been so kind towards Myra and Juliette would be forever grateful. Down with the rest of the band, Wednesday sulked and looked up at Juliette. Juliette gave her a comforting wave. Wednesday waved back and then turned her head to begin playing. When the band started Juliette found herself standing up dancing and Xavier had to pull her down again.