six - traumatising children.

chapter six.

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───

Juliette had her hands behind a chair, tied. Little did the 'kidnappers' know, Ziggy was busy gnawing at the rope. 

"Who dares breach our inner sanctum?" Bianca.

"You can take the mask off, Bianca." Wednesday snorted then added, "Wait, I preferred you with it on." Juliette snickered and Bianca rolled her eyes. They ended up all bickering so Juliette got up, picked up Ziggy and went up the stairs. They all stared at her, shocked, then Wednesday also stood up, took the book and they left together.

The sun started to set and Juliette was going to crash at Wednesday's dorm. Wednesday opened the door and Juliette flopped down onto her bed. "What are you doing?" Juliette didn't respond she only buried her head further into the pillow. "Juliette?" Wednesday would never admit it, but she developed a soft spot for the witch. Juliette didn't mean to, but she fell asleep in a matter of seconds. "Juliette, are you asleep?"

Wednesday advanced towards the sleeping girl and watched her carefully. Wednesday kissed her forehead and laid down next to her. She didn't know what to do and her arms were glued to her sides. Juliette yawned and wrapped her arms around Wednesday's waist to pull her in closer. Wednesday turned on her side, but made sure that she didn't wake up Juliette. Wednesday lips quirked and closed her eyes.

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───

"All students will report for their volunteer jobs at 10:00 a.m. sharp, followed by a community lunch at 1:00. As you know, this year Outreach Day culminates in a very special event, the dedication of a new memorial statue in the town square, which will also include performances by Nevermore students." Principal Weems said proudly.

Juliette stood next to Wednesday, who held her paper with confusion.

"I got roleplay as a witch at Pilgrim World." Juliette groaned. "Surely that's like racist or something towards witches. I have to pretend to be burnt on a stick. I hate pilgrim world. They made life hell for my ancestors." Juliette furrowed her eyebrows and scrunched up her paper so hard that it went up in flames from her anger. Wednesday, who was suppressing a laugh before, watched in fascination. 

"Could you always do that?" Wednesday asked curious. Juliette shook her head.

"What did you guys get?" 

"I got Pilgrim World. I have natural people skills and a love of performing, so it's kind of the obvi choice. I'm crossing my claws Myra and I will be outreaching together." Enid looked over at Myra who had been distracted by a lizard she was talking to. "What'd you get?"

Wednesday opened her paper. "Uriah's Heap, whatever that is." Enid and Juliette both shivered.

"I'm a witch and do some weird, creepy shit but even that place freaks me out." Enid agreed and then Myra skipped over. "Myra, what did you get?"