EIGHT

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐒𝐞𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐝 𝐌𝐢𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐨𝐬𝐬

Story telling POV

(Lilith's POV)

Giorno carefully comforts you. Him hugging you was so sudden you didn't have time to think about it, but now that you are wiping away your tears, you feel embarrassment fill your body and your face flushes. Giorno sees you calming down and starts to speak. "I am so sorry the boss has done this to you, Lilith."

Ah, so he did hear you read the letter.

"But I will do my best to take him down. A girl like you doesn't deserve such treatment, especially from a crazy obsessed man." If only he knew.

Bruno walks around the corner to see your teary eyes, and Giorno holding you. "Lilith? What's wrong?"

His gaze turns to Giorno. "Giorno, what did you do to her?" Giorno frowns. "I haven't done anything to her. The letter she received just made her upset, so I wanted to comfort her."

Bruno nods his head. From what you told him, he knew there was something wrong with you and the boss. "Well, we heading off with the bosses daughter. Lets go."

And so, you and the group go back on the boat to head to the place you'll all be staying.

"So Narancia, this is the list of all the groceries and whatever else we need, with the keys to the car." You, Abbachio, and Giorno watch Fugo order Narancia to get the groceries. You quietly dead-pan at Fugo's orders to Narancia.

Yes, getting the groceries and keeping a eye out for someone tailing you may be a simple task, but you aren't so sure Naranica is able to even drive the correct way to the store.

"Narancia, you can do this. No one knows we're hiding here, so you need to make sure no one is following you. Making sure no one is tailing you, make U-turns, and keep on going the same path so that you can make sure absolutely no one is following you."

Narancia listens to his orders, but Fugo isn't satisfied with Narancia's answer so he stabs him with the car keys.

"Ow! Lili, tell him to stop stabbing me with the keys!" You sigh. "Narancia, you should just do what Fugo says. It's our job to protect Trish." He scoffs.

"OK, okay. Just give me the keys." He snatches them and leaves with the car.

Later, Trish comes out of her room complaining about how she's 'dying of thirst.'

Mista nods. "She has a point. It's about time for lunch. I'm personally not hungry, but my bullets are." Bruno takes a glance at his watch.

"Hm.." Giorno looks away from you by his side, and towards the group. "Narancia is late, correct?" Fugo looks up, worried. "This is why I was so worried about sending him."

Abbachio scoffs. "Seriously Fugo? Narancia's stand is powerful, he's fine." Fugo stands up frantically. "And?! He isn't here, so something obviously happened-" He cuts himself off. "Sorry, I didn't mean to yell." He sits back down and rubs his knuckles, worried.

You walk down the staircase and go behind him, rubbing his back. "Fugo, I'm sure that Narancia is fine. I have faith in him."

He looks up at you, mouth slightly open. "Perhaps..." He continues to look up at you before speaking again.

"Lilith, you're like a mother sometimes." A red tint spreads on your face.

Giorno observes the situation and his eyebrow furrow, frowning. Was Fugo trying to flirt with you?

"A mother? How so?"

Fugo looks at the wall. "Well, you are kind and nurturing, like a mother." Getting flustered, you stop rubbing his back. "A Mother?..." All of you turn towards the door, where Narancia walks inside looking guilty. 

You and Fugo walk up to him. "Narancia? Did you get the groceries?"

He says nothing, just walks outside. The whole group follows. "Narancia?? Hellloooo?" Mista calls out.

Narancia, looking down to the ground, explains the battle he fought with the stand user. You grab Narancia quickly.

"Oh Narancia! Are you hurt in any way?" You look at his body frantically.

He rubs his head sheepishly.
"Well, a 'lil bit. But I'm okay Lili." Mista starts fuming. "How come she doesn't do that to me?"

Giorno looks at both Narancia and Mista, internally yelling. He grabs Narancia to the side, taking him away from you. Your eyes widen at Giornos odd behavior.

Fugo stands there in thought. "Narancia, repeat that again?" Narancia starts to sweat. "Uh, well.. The groceries kinda-" Fugo cuts him off. "NO! You just said the enemy knows where we are, didn't you?"

"Well, I took care of the stand user.." Fugo scoffs. "That's not the problem!" Abbachio looks towards Bucciarati. "Bucciarati, we need to ditch this hideout immediately." Fugo continues to scold Narancia.

"I warned him that much and he still..." Giorno looks a you staring at Narancia with a worried look. He sighs. "Well, I think Narancia handled the enemy brilliantly. He did everything he could and acted accordingly."

You nod at Giorno's words. "Giorno is right, he tried his best. And he had gotten rid of the enemy like he was suppose to."

Giorno's face turns a visable red by your words, everyone notices and Bruno takes note of this. Giorno covers his face.

"Ahem, anyways. If we are now suspected by the hitman team, then if the boss is wise, he would direct us to an escape route."

Abbachio and Bruno nod. Mista walks away from the group into the white van.

 Giorno continues. "Until we hear from the boss, I don't think we need to move."

Fugo frowns. "That's some quick thinking. Are you planning to become and adviser?"

Abbachio gets closer to Giorno, upset. "The boss is going to contact us immediately?" He grabs Giorno's chin. "How would you know that? Sounds like you're just guessing!"

Mista opens the doors to the van calling out to the group. "There's a message from the boss!" The whole teams gasps. You begin to sweat.

Bucciarati opens the van door and sees the computer. There is a message for him waiting. Mista continues. "This is usually how the boss speaks with the capos, but this is the first time he has ever spoken to Bucciarati like this. 

Bucciarati types in the computer and reads the message out loud. "Go to the ruins of Pompeii. There, a key is hidden in the dog mosaic. Research it now!" You, Mista, And Fugo look for clues on the dog mosaic. Bruno continues. "The key is for a safe transport that will bring my daughter to me." Abbachio ponders. "I wonder what type of transport?" 

"Perhaps a helicopter?" Abbachio shakes his head. Bruno continues. "It's just under 15 kilometers from here to Pompeii. We can get the key in about a hour. Fugo, Abbachio, Giorno..." Bruno looks at you.

"And Lilith. You're all going to Pompeii." You look at him, confused. "What? Why me? I can't... Do that.." Bruno sighs.

"I understand your situation, Lilith. And I understand your bizarre stand. But if a stand user is there in Pompeii, you will be able to get some experience with using your stand." 

You aren't sure if you are ready to use Love Fever, but it won't hurt to try.