FIFTEEN

𝕎𝕒𝕣𝕟𝕚𝕟𝕘: Gore, cannibalism, abuse

"ʏᴏᴜ ʟᴏᴏᴋ ǫᴜɪᴛᴇ ᴅɪᴠɪɴᴇ ᴛᴏɴɪɢʜᴛ--
ʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀᴍᴏɴɢ ᴛʜᴇsᴇ ᴠɪʙʀᴀɴᴛ ʟɪɢʜᴛs
ᴘᴜʀᴇ ᴅᴇʟɪɢʜᴛs sᴜʀʀᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴜs ᴀs ᴡᴇ sᴀɪʟ.
sɪɢɴᴇᴅ, ʏᴏᴜʀs ᴛʀᴜʟʏ, ᴛʜᴇ ᴡʜᴀʟᴇ

ᴊᴏʏ ᴍɪʀᴀɢᴇ's ᴋɪɴɢᴅᴏᴍ ᴄᴏᴍᴇ
ɴᴏ ᴏɴᴇs ʟᴇғᴛ ᴀᴛ sᴛᴀᴋᴇ.
ɴᴏᴡ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴇxɪsᴛᴇɴᴄᴇ ɪs ᴏɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴀᴋᴇ,
ʟᴇᴛs sᴇᴇ ᴡʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ"

The only sound that can be heard is the sound of the water flowing down the river.

Lilith D'Amore listens to the music from the river. The sound of the water echoing beneath the bridge. As the sun begins to set, the river beneath the bridge glimmers like a sea of diamonds. The reflection of the sky dances atop the gentle waves, casting a serene and peaceful aura over the water. The bridge itself seems to come alive, as the waters reflection illuminates the underside with a soft glow.

"Lilith, where have you been?"

Turning around, she sees her mother stand there, groceries in hand.

"Sorry mama, I got distracted.."

The older woman laughs. "Of course you did.."

She looks at the scene, sighing. "It really is beautiful. You have a good eye, my Lily flower."

"Mama, we need to go home, it's getting late!"

"Like your one to talk! You've been here for hours, leaving me alone to do the shopping."

Lilith laughs sheepishly. "Sorry mama."

"Quit saying sorry and just enjoy the view, dear."
ˢᵗᵒᵖ ᵖʳᵉᵗᵉⁿᵈᶦⁿᵍ ᵉᵛᵉʳʸᵗʰᶦⁿᵍ ᶦˢ ᵒᵏᵃʸ.

The two stand there, watching as the sun completely sets. The stars are strewn across the night sky, with the moon illuminating everything with its pearlescent glow.

"We should get going now."

Her mother grabs her hand, taking her down the streets. The gloomy and ominous feeling down the road fills her body, making her nervous. Attempting to distract herself, she looks at her surroundings analyzing them.

Streetlights adorning the sides of the road

Cars parked down the road

Shops closing for the night

In the corner of her eye, she gasps as she watches a group of gangsters chasing a man. Gunshots are fired, leaving the man bleeding out on the ground of a alley way.

Her mother jumps up, grabbing her daughter and rushing her home.

"Come on honey-- We need to go..." She whispers.

Lilith couldn't help but stare at the scene, accidently making eye contact with one of the men, whom was watching from the shadows of the alley.

She felt her eyes start to burn, but quickly dismissed it.
ᴵᵈᶦᵒᵗ.

Soon, they arrive home, opening the door to the sight of her father waiting anxiously at the front door.

"Where were you two?! I hear gunshots.." He says, frustrated.

"We were just out longer than usual, it's fine.." Lilith mumbles.

"What? Do you think this is funny? I work my ass off getting money for you and your mother. I feed you, clothe you, and protect you! And this is what you do!?"