<Intro>

(POV Splinter)

It's been three weeks since I moved to New York from Japan, I left with nothing and have nothing, living in an empty apartment, alone, with nothing to remind me of home except the photo of my deceased wife, Tang Shen, and daughter, Miwa. Oh, how I miss them, the life I had, now burned to ashes.

Compared to Japan New York was very......outgoing, with cars honking all day, and people have fewer manners and common sense here, the noises of this city made my migraine grow worst and worst, I got up and grabbed a cup from the counter and poured myself a glass of water, drinking the cold liquid like I haven't had a drink in years. After chugging the water I released a long sigh.

I needed to clean my mind, I placed my cup in the sink and sat on my carpet, and decided to meditate, to clear my mind, focusing on myself, my surroundings, and my energy. Negative thoughts kept clouding my focus, trying to clear anything keeping me from true bliss, with failure, I sighed defeatedly and decided that it was time that I left this cramped room. I grabbed my jacket and wallet, planning on buying groceries to fill my empty fridge. Turning off the lights, I walked out locking my apartment door.

I was making my way to the nearest grocery store when a small pet store caught my eye, but not just that, in the window, laid four small little turtles, I decided that it was a bad thing to check out the store. Walking in a worker greeted me, to which I nodded in reply, I noticed they had a variety of animals, compared to the size of the store. I walked back over to the small turtles and absurd the creatures, while looking a worker walked up, starting up a conversation.

"Aren't they so adorable, they've been here for a couple of months now, it sucks that they'll be sent back to the provider of this store" the worker replied in a solemn tone, looking at the small creatures. I looked at her she wasnt looking at me like she was talking to me but instead was talking to herself as if it was her fault these turtles didn't have a warm home to live in. I looked back at the turtles and decided that these could help him focus on something other than his depressing thoughts.

"If you dont mind would it be alright if I were to purchase these little creatures" I replied with a tired but happy smile, the girl looked at me, then the turtles were shocked that they would finally have a warm home to live in, she nodded. She grabbed the cage and brought it to the front of the store to check out the turtles.

I stopped in front of the pet store thinking of what I should do, head to the store with the turtles or drop them off and head to the store real quick, I decided that it was a better idea to drop the turtles off at the apartment before heading to the store, as I walking back to my apartment. While walking I was deciding on what to name the little creatures, I looked at them doing their own little things, one playing with the objects inside the cage, another hiding in its own shell, another hitting its head aggressively on the wall of the cage, and one more looking at me curiously. I finally thought of names for the little turtles. Michelangelo is the playful one, Donatello is the shy one, Raphael is the angry one, and Leonardo is the curious one.

Smiling at my new little pets, I passed by what assumed was a completely empty ally until I heard a woman crying and pleading in the dark ally. Debating on whether to interfere or ignore the situation, until I noticed that the young lady noticed me, calling for me to help her, a sighed and walked into the ally, rats running around me over and behind my feet, I ignored the creatures and noticed three men harassing the woman, the weird part about them was that they all looked the same, I grabbed one of the dudes questioning them and telling them to let her go, I dont see myself as a hero, but she needed help at this moment, at that moment they let go of her and walked toward me holding what looked like a green and blue lava lamp, one of them grabs my hand with lots of force, I ripped my hand away pushing him in the process the tube hit the wall I was need cover me in the liquid container it, I noticed the cage with the turtles was getting soaked in the liquid. I was terrified, did I really bring these poor young creatures into a fight, what is wrong with me-, I suddenly couldn't breathe a surge of pain shot through my body, and my body felt as if it was being broken and torn apart limb from limb.

Finally, after a long painful couple of minutes, I was finally able to breathe again. I went to wipe off the sweat I felt falling down the side of my face, but for some reason, I felt claws? I look at my hands or paws. What is happening? I stood up, disregarding the men that attacked me earlier to look at my body, I had a tail, and rat ears, wait am I a rat?!

The sound of cries broke me out of my thoughts I looked around, then down to find that the cries belonged to my pet turtle, however, they didn't look like the ones I adopted, instead looking like human-turtle baby mutants.

The sounds of weapons powering up, broke the trance I had, when I saw the men walking toward me, aiming guns right at me I decided to take the turtles and run, without looking back I ran to another ally jumping straight into the sewers, deciding its the safest place to hide. I leaned against the wall catching my breaths, slowly sliding down the wall, breathing heavily, hearing the sounds of coos and whimpers. After catching my breath I decided to keep going deeper till I feel it was safe to rest.

While exploring I finally found a sewer system next to abandoned subway tracks, I heard the sounds, and smiled, looking at the turtle children sleeping until I noticed something was missing, one of the turtles, Michelangelo............

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N

So here's the introduction to my story tell me what you think of it, I will try and post every week but I'm in school so I cant 100% promise that