5.

Tamia's Closet

Tamia's Closet

Tamia Ford
A few moments later

Deciding I wouldn't just sit and sulk like I usually do, I got out of bed and made my way to the shower to take a long hot shower myself.

I needed it.

I stayed in the shower about an hour and a half as I washed my hair, my body and simply just washed the day away. Afterwards, I got out and sat at my small vanity inside of my walk-in closet.

I took the time to dry my hair then put my bonnet on before I began to do all of my skin creams for the night.

I was feeling at complete peace in this moment while I did, spending time just simply focusing on myself. That didn't last long though, of course, as I was instantly interrupted by my mother's FaceTime call.

Her contact came flashing across the screen and I couldn't help but to sigh as I rolled my eyes hard. All before I reluctantly answered, of course.

"Hi, mama." I spoke into the phone as she came into view and I quickly snatched my bonnet off of my head, knowing she would have something to say about that.

"Now I know you didn't just have that ghetto mess on your head, Tamia—"

"—with your man in the house." She almost immediately said to me and I rolled my eyes hard off of camera.

"No." I corrected her.

"I'm not wearing it, I'm just doing my skincare right now and I couldn't have my hair in my face."

"That's all, mama."

"Sin's not even here right now." I expressed to her and she scoffed, obviously judging me as she shook her head in disbelief.

"Y'all young girls these days."

"That's exactly why." She pointed her finger at me through the camera before she ended up going on one of her rants.

As expected.

"How are you supposed to keep your man with your hair in that mess, Tamia?"

"And has your hair been looking like that all week?" She went on talking about my hair now, considering it was blown-out instead of well kept, hot combed and straightened the way that she liked.

"No, mama." I dragged, annoyed completely now with all of my peace gone in this moment.

"I just got out of the shower and I just finished washing and blow-drying my hair."

"I'm going to hot comb it and then flat iron it when I'm finished doing my skincare."

"Yasin's not going to be home until tomorrow probably anyway." I threw in there but of course she wouldn't chastise him about why and where.