20.

Tamia Ford
A few minutes later

"She told me that if I wanted to keep Yasin—"

"—and make him spend his trust fund money on me.."

"I needed to lose my virginity to him before graduation to solidify my spot."

"What?!" They both shrieked, causing their voices to echo down the empty street.

"Yeah." I scoffed, looking down at my hands.

"She told me that if I didn't, another girl would and he would leave me for her after graduation."

"She thinks everything that I have now and everything that he's done for me was because I lost my virginity to him at the right time."

"Right before graduation." I clarified as they looked at me as if I had a three heads but I was telling them nothing but the truth right now.

They wanted to hear it so I was giving it to them completely.

"Mi—"

"Yeah.." I trailed off, looking at them as tears began to fall from my eyes while I began reminiscing about it.

"I remember when she first said it to me, it came out of nowhere."

"She came into my room and told me." I pinpointed the location, remembering exactly when and how.

"And I remember being so scared, I hadn't even thought about it—"

"Then here she was, practically forcing me to do it."

"As if I had no other paths for my future." I scoffed, shaking my head frantically as I wiped my loose tears away from my face.

"She made it seem like, if I didn't then, I would be broke and living down here still—"

"—as if it was the worst thing imaginable."

"I was used and I was scared." I expressed, looking down at the concrete now, anywhere else but their eyes at this point.

"I had no one."

"—not even Endo." I admitted and Yessenia raised her eyebrows, listening even closer now.

"Wait. What did Endo do?" She went on, asking me about my brother like I knew she would and I sighed deeply to myself as I rolled my eyes.

"Endo told me that she was probably right." I blurted out, no longer holding back the information, considering I'd been trying hard for years not to expose him.

I just didn't fuck with him and people knew that but they never knew why.

So here it was.

"He told me the exact same thing."

"That if I didn't do it, I would probably be stuck down here with him and he didn't want that for me at all—"

"So he encouraged it?" Yessenia asked cutting me off as Tot listened intently and I nodded surely.

"He did."

"Yeah.." Tot went on, nodding her head as well as if she knew more.

"And I heard too, that he was the whole reason Yasin was getting away with all the toxic shit that he was doing with you back in high school." She said, pointing to herself now as we listened closely.

"Stepping to you while you were talking and mingling with other niggas in the hall way, sending you flowers when you didn't even want or ask for them—"

"Endo endorsed that shit."

"He told Yasin that it was okay to try and get you to be with him."