Chapter 5: An escape?

After my thirteen birthday, I haven't been the same. I've been living with Muzan every since I was ten. It was hell. Everyday I got abused and I got more and more bruises and scratches on my arm and my legs. Akaza and Doma would hurt me the most. Muzan didn't care what-so-ever. Was that his plan along? To make me feel worthless and weak?

Muzan made me drink his blood so I could turn into a demon like him but I wasn't strong. I was weak. If I had to regenerate when I was badly injured, it would take about 10 minutes or longer. The pain would hurt for a while but I soon ignored it.

When I wouldn't listen to any of them, Akaza and Doma would hurt me. I cried to sleep almost every night. The bruises and scars stung. I didn't get any bandages when I was bleeding. But there was a time where I once went down to the basement and found some. I would bandage myself up and Muzan would notice. He would just yell at me but at the same time he didn't care.

I decided to lay down on my bed and sleep for a while. I closed my eyes. One day, I'll escape from here. I thought, ignoring the fact that Muzan could read my mind. I'll leave and never come back. I'll try and survive by myself. I'll be strong. I'll—

"That won't be possible, Akumu." Muzan spoke. I jolted awake and sat upright on my bed. Muzan stood in the doorway. He grinned. "Come with me."
I then climbed out of bed and followed Muzan.

We walked down the halls of his house. We soon managed to arrive to the library.
"What are we—"
"You'll see." Muzan said, smirking. He then led me to a table with tons of books and a chair. I sat down and looked around.

"I want you to read all these books by midnight." He said. He turned to me and frowned. "And if you don't.." He leans in and whispers.
"I'll make sure Doma and Akaza hurt you even more."

"I-I'll read them by tonight. I swear!" I spoke, fear in my voice.

"Good." He said, leaning back, smiling. Then he left. I looked over as he shut the door and left me on my own.
I groaned and sat down and opened the first book. The history of demons. It read.

. . .

Hours passed and my eyes started to fall asleep. I then got to the last book. Demon Slayers and powerful hashiras. I raised an eyebrow.
What the.. I thought. Why would someone make this into a whole book? I then shrugged it off and began reading.

. . .

After I finished reading, I opened the door and almost stumbled on the way out. I heard a giggle. I looked up to see Doma.

"What?" I asked angrily.

"Nothing. You just seem tired." Doma smirks. I roll my eyes.

"Yeah, no shit. I just finished reading—"

He quickly grabbed me by my neck and slammed me against the wall. I cried out in pain.

"Since when did you ever speak to us like that?" He asks, in a low whisper. I try to escape but his grip was strong.
He then let me go and I fell to the floor, wincing at the pain of my neck. Another bruise started to form. Great. I thought.

He then kneeled down and smiled sweetly. "If you ever talk to me like that again, Yuki," he says, his voice was soothing, "I'll tell Muzan about this. And you don't want that now, do you?"

I shake my head and he smiles and pats my head. "Good. Now, go."

I quickly stood up and ran to my room, quietly closing my door and locking it before anyone could come in.

. . .

Hours passed and I wasn't getting any sleep. I grunted as I shifted from side to side. I then gave up and pressed my pillow against my face, screaming into it. Luckily, no one heard me. I sighed and stood up. I looked out my window. The sky was dark and clouds formed. Suddenly, I got a wild idea.
I packed my things and looked around before opening my window. The house was one floor so I could escape easily. I then climbed out and landed safely on the ground. I then closed the window and ran. I didn't know where I was going, but I had to get far away from here.

. . .
Note: I'm starting to upload more chapters often bc I have so much free time lol
Words: 792
Note 2: I had to change her age because I realized she's too old ok bye 😭😭