Chapter 9: A nightmare

"Yuki, why wont you come back?" A voice spoke. It laughed. "Becoming a demon slayer isn't a good option. You are too weak."
No..
No, I'm not weak. I wanted to say. No words came out of my mouth. Only silence. My eyes were closed, i couldn't see anything. But I knew he was there. I don't want to see him.
It was so quiet I could hear the sounds of my own breathing. Where am I..?

"You can never escape from me. You know that."
The voice.. it started to sound like..

"Muzan." I finally spoke. In fear, I quickly stood up. All I could see was black. Everywhere. Where was I?

"Yes, Yuki?" Muzan asks, he takes a step forward towards me.

"No, stay away." I took a step back and ended up bumping against a wall.

Muzan grinned and leaned in, whispering as he spoke.

"You can't escape from me, Yuki. Once I find you, I will kill you and that boy. Mark my words. Do not try to hide anything from me, it wont work."

He then grabbed onto my neck and gripped it hard, choking me. I tried to gasp out, trying to breathe. Nothing worked. I started to cry, tears streamed down my cheeks. Painful squeaks came out of my mouth. Muzan was satisfied.

I squeezed my eyes shut and hoped for it to all be over.

"Yuki. Wake up." His voice spoke. I shook my head. Why did he want me to wake up?

"Wake up."

"WAKE UP!"

. . .

I jolted upright, awake from my nightmare, panting and gasping. Sweat poured down my forehead. Tanjiro was by my side and Urokodaki stood in the doorway. Tanjiro was wearing his  regular checkered black and sea foam green haori over a white robe with black pants. I was wearing my clothing from last night, I assumed I was too tired to change. I looked over at them both.

"You okay?" Tanjiro asks, he looked worried. I couldn't speak. I only nodded.

"Y-Yeah.. I'm.. fine." I said, finally gathering myself and finally being able to speak. Tanjiro nods but he doesn't look convinced.

"Come on, we have to go train." He says, lowering his voice and watched as Urokodaki left the room. "If we want to be demon slayers, we have to be strong." He smiles and I somehow feel at ease.

"Yeah.. okay." I said, I somehow felt myself smile. Tanjiro soon left and I got up.

What the hell was that? I thought. I shook my head and scoffed. It was just some dumb dream. Well, better get ready, I suppose.
I stood up with a grunt and opened my bag. I grabbed out my white shirt with my put on a white shirt with a skirt and a jacket. I then grabbed my socks and shoes and put them on. As I was leaving the room, I took a look at it one last time. Nezuko was sleeping on Tanjiro's bed. I smiled and shut the door before heading over to where Urokodaki and Tanjiro were.

. . .
Words: 515