Chapter 14: Final Selection

When we got home, after I told Tanjiro about the boulder, he was shocked.

"How did you do it without me?" He asked, placing down his bowl.

I laughed a bit. "I have no idea." Although, I knew the reason. We both did. I just didn't want to say it in front of Urokodaki.

"You two can go to Final Selection." Urokodaki said. He stood up and looked at his masks on the shelf.

"Really?" I asked, standing up. He nods and grabs a mask and hands it to me.

"This will keep you safe, use it, both of you."

I nod and Tanjiro nods as well.

"Tomorrow, you two will head to Final Selection." He says. "I've already trained you everything you need to know. Now, go to bed."

"Okay." I replied. Tanjiro and i both walked to the room and closed the door.

"Did Sabito help you with the boulder?" Tanjiro asks as soon as the door closed. I put away my practice sword and look over at him.

"Yeah, he did." I reply. "I didn't want to say anything in front of Urokodaki."

"Oh." He replied. "How did he help you?"

"I slashed his mask in half and the boulder was cut, I still don't know how that was possible.." I placed a finger under my chin. I shook my head and gave him a grin. "At least I got us into Final Selection."

"Yeah." He says, smiling. "Well, I'll get out so you can change." He said. He then walked out the door and I changed into my pj's.

"Yukiii..."

I jerked around behind me. No one was there. Is that..?
Laughter filled my ears. It was getting louder by the second. I covered my ears. It stopped. I un-covered my ears and looked around.

"Yuki, come home."

Muzan. "No. Stop talking to me. If you really want to talk and have an actual conversation, then find me." I said. Silence. Idiot. I thought. You are such a stupid idiot, Muzan Kibstuji.

"I heard that, Yuki." Muzan growls. I let out a laugh.

"So what if you did? Just leave me alone." I replied. "I don't need you, Muzan."
Muzan went silent. Good. I didn't need him speaking to me anymore. I opened the door and Tanjiro raised an eyebrow.

"Who were you talking to in there?" He asks. I shake my head.

"No one." I reply. He comes in and sits on his bed.

"If you say so." He replies. He then heads to sleep and I stay awake. I look over at my bag and takes out a pen and paper. I begin to write down all of the things I learned.

Tanjiro and I both woke up that morning. After we got changed and into our clothes. Urokodaki gave us the demon slayer uniforms and we liked them a lot. Tanjiro looked at the box that held Nezuko. He bent down and put his forehead to the box, saying something I couldn't hear. I looked over at Urokodaki.

"Come back after Final Selection." He said. He then opened the door and both Tanjiro and I both left outside the door.

"Thank you." I replied, bowing to show respect. Urokodaki laughed and I stood up, grinning.

"Your welcome. Stay safe, you two." He said. I nodded and Tanjiro and I both began to walk away. Tanjiro and I both waved at Urokodaki and he waved back.

"Say thanks to Sabito and Makomo for us!" Tanjiro called out. Urokodaki put down his hand and even though I couldn't see his face, I knew something was up. We both then left and handed to Mount Fujikasane.