06 | Valerie

The sound of the doorbell interrupted our laughter, making Felix stand up from the couch "I'll get it, Changbin is probably out back" He says as he walks out of the living room.

Hyunjin looks at me "I was planning on visiting Seungmin tomorrow at the Cafe" I told him and he smiles.

"Good, I think he was starting to think you were abandoning him" I chuckle and shake my head.

"Never," I said but before we could continue talking Chan walks into the living room with Felix.

"Changbin is in the back," Felix says and Chan nods, briefly looking at me with a small smile and walking to the back.

My eyes go to a familiar girl the stood there awkwardly "This is Valerie" Felix announces and sits back down, motioning to the couch he says "Please, sit we don't bite"

She chuckles and my eyes follow as she sits down, "Do I know you from somewhere?" I ask her.

"I was your boyfriend's neighbor"

I froze as she said it, completely oblivious to everything. I felt eyes on me, probably wondering how I will react-I didn't.

I gave her a small smile "Right, I thought you looked familiar"

"Are you and Chan dating?" Hyunjin spoke up, asking what we all wanted to know.

She shifts uncomfortably and shrugs "I'm not really sure, I think it's getting to that point though"

"He hasn't made things clear?" I said, feeling bad for her as I knew this all too well. Liking someone, wanting it to get somewhere but never knowing where it will go because they just never talked about anything more.

She looks at me and something was in her way every time she did. "No, but things are going well"

"How did y'all meet?" Felix asks her, getting more comfortable in his seat.

She chuckles and glances at me before looking back to Felix "One night I heard a loud ruckus in the hallways of my apartment and when I opened the door there lied a drunk Jisung. Chan and Changbin were walking down the hallway and noticed me. They quickly apologized and that's when I first met Chan"

I look down and chuckle lowly, "The first time? Come on, we need to know more" Hyunjin says, making me look up and smile at how invested they were.

Valerie laughs and nods, you could see how comfortable she was getting as the minutes pass. "I didn't see him after that night but one day he suddenly made another appearance around the apartment building, I knew he wasn't gonna try to talk to me so I walked up to him and asked for his number"

"I aspire to be that confident" Hyunjin says lowly, making us look at him.

"You have Seungmin," Felix says.

Hyunjin frowns "I know, I'm lucky, right?"

We all laugh and a phone suddenly rings loudly, making us all quiet down. Valerie take her phone out and looks at it "I should take this" She said, excusing herself from the living room.

"Do we think she's good for Chan?" I ask, wanting to know the other's opinions of her.

Hyunjin nods "Yeah, the guy needed to get laid"

"I agree. Plus, I like her. She seems genuine"

I look down and nod. Something about her seems off. She seems like a good and genuine person but something was holding me back from fully trusting her.

"Sorry, it was my obnoxious sister" Valerie enters the room again, I look at her and her eyes find mine. Her smile was bright but something hid behind it.

omg, chan finally getting a girl? let's applaud.