(1) Halloween Talk

1978 October 27th 7:28 pm
———
...

(BACKSTORY)

your name was y/n you and ur mother moved to Denver Colorado ever since you were 5. You've made many great friends and enemies over the years but the only thing people thought about you is that you were just a girl scared of her father so she would hurt others, take it out on them. but yet you still never cared what they thought you just wanted to be free. Free of others thoughts opinions and rules.

During the age you were at all people ever thought about was love. girls drooling over the guys in the library, the guys flirting with the girls. Sure "love". But you've never liked anyone that way so you couldn't be saying anything.

whenever your mother wasn't home from work yet you would go to a friend's house sometimes mostly Finney's though. (This is happening right now. Ik I'm boring asff)

It started to rain as you put a jacket on from ur bag. you decided you should go to Finney's house since your mother wasn't home yet, his dad has always had a kind liking towards you and ur family since ur dad used to work with him.

as you were walking down the street a familiar friend was passing by, it was billy showalter you've known him ever since kindergarten. you guys were very close back then but now you were just basically strangers. he stopped calling you his best friend ever since you started the (?) grade.

"Billy!" you shouted as you ran to him and his golden retriever named buddy. "hey y/n! you going somewhere?" - "yeah Finn-" you cut yourself off. billy and Finney used to be best friends until some kid spread a rumor that Billy was friends with Finney's bully's Which made Finney stay away from him after that.

"anyway, how are you?" you decided to change the subject after the awkward moment. "I'm fine I guess." He said looking away. He was definitely mad at you now. "Soo.. what have you been up too??" He gave you a stare as if he zoned out at something behind you. As you turned around nothing was there and when you looked back billy shooked his head as if he saw something he couldn't believe. "Are you alright??" You laid a hand on his shoulder but he brushed you off. (Rude much?) "yeah.. I'm gonna go now I'll see you at school or something I guess."

Did I do something wrong? Nahhh. It's probably just about the Finney thing. Oh wait that is kinda my fault- (self shameee) billy left and ignored your bye as you felt a pile of guilt land on ur chest. First time I talk to him in ages and I screw it up! *Intense face palm*
———
it was already 9pm as you kept walking to Finney's house. once you arrived you saw his father rush out the door.

"mr.blake! is it okay if i stay the night here?" - "oh sure go ahead in, i have the night shift tonight at my work please watch over gwen and finney for me-" he hurried into his car and said goodbye before you could even respond, you brushed it off and headed inside.

Once you went into the living room you got pulled by the arm. "I'm so glad you're here! And just in time." Gwen started to pull you into a very bright room. "Look what we just made!!" She shouted while walking you into an opening.

Once you were inside you realized it was a small fort fit for at least 3 or 4 people. It was decorated with a television, fairy lights, and had many snacks, including blankets and pillows.

Finney was laying down watching the movie Halloween which only came out a while ago and was luckily on the new channels. once he noticed that you were there he shouted your name. "Y/N!! what are you doing here??" you explained to him how you wanted to hang at his house for a bit and that his father was fine with it.

you sat in between Finney and Gwen while gazing at the cool lights they put above you all. you laid down staring and you eventually spaced out, you couldn't help but think about billy. Was he really that upset?