(7) I dont care

1978 October 30th 8:00 AM
———
...

i woke up suddenly and looked at the time. "SHIT! IM GONNA BE LATE!" - i basically screamed, i rushed to brush my hair  change clothes and get everything i needed for school as i put on some light makeup, deodorant, and perfume.

yesterday after hanging with bruce i got home really late and forgot to set my alarm. i need to pay attention to the little things i guess.

i snatched my backpack and put on my shoes quickly and grabbed a small snack. i ran outside and got on my bike. i checked my phone as i pedaled faster.
———

( NOTIFICATIONS : 3 )

bruce : "good morning! i had a great time yesterday 😊"
mom : "how are you doing at home? you been eating? stay out of trouble honey love you."
madison : "WHERE ARE YOU?? I CANT HANDLE THE SCHOOL DAY ALONE!"

———
still no texts from finney, robin, gwen, and donna. maybe ill get a chance to talk to them at lunch. i replied to mom, bruce, and madison. i wonder if madison heard im dating bruce yet. he is really popular.

i hurried off my bike and went to the office for a tardy slip. the halls were empty as i walked to the class im supposed to be in. it was pretty far from the entrance so it was gonna be a bit before i got inside the classroom.

i watched random tiktoks on my phone before i look up and hit my head. i tumbled backwards and almost fell. i looked up and saw robin. he gave me a death stare as he helped me up. before i could say anything he walked right past me. "what the hell is your problem?" - i said as i turned to face him and grabbed him by the arm.

he yanked his arm away from me. "you know what my problem is." he didn't even turn to face me and kept walking away. well that solved it for me. i really did do something, but what? i decided to ignore it for now and just get to class.

after a few minutes i walked into the classroom, it seemed like everyone was working in pairs. i gave the teacher my slip and she said i can work with a partner or alone on the assignment. but there was no way in hell someone would wanna partner up with me, they would be too freaked out that i was gonna punch them or something.

i went to my seat and sat down and got started on the assignment. then all of a sudden i get hit in the head with a paper ball. i turn to my right too see who did it. it was billy. i smiled at him before i opened the note.

'i cant believe your dating bruce already! everyone is talking about it. other than that, are you okay? you look angry.' i sighed before i replied to him on the note. 'yeah alot happened yesterday. and dont worry im fine. ill tell you everything later at lunch. i have a feeling i wont be welcomed at my usual table.' i threw the note at him. he caught it in his hand easily before he read it. he looked up with a look of confusion on his face before nodding and getting back to work.

i went back to work as well. but i could feel everyones eyes on me. billy was right, everyone was talking about it. EVERYONE. but i ignored their stares piercing into my soul. after i finished and turned it in i sat down and checked my phone, i decided to text madison.

'you wanna sit with me and billy at lunch? i got some tea.' - after a few minutes she replied. 'DEFINITELY! heard your dating bruce 👀'

(TIME SKIP)

it was finally lunch, as i got my tray i looked at my usual table they all seemed fine. but they kept looking around the room, probably for me. i didnt care i went and sat down at an empty tablr anyway.

billy and madison sat next to me after a minute or two. EVERYONE, looked at me. "okay wanna tell us whats going on?" - madison said as soon as she sat down.

i tried to give them the best explanation i could. like, me and bruce talked and both decided to date. and for some reason i dont know, everyone i usually hang with is mad at me.

"i think i may have upset everyone by doing something, but i don't know what. i saw them all hanging out yesterday before i went with bruce. none of them texted me at all. and robin acted weird in the hallway earlier. i don't know what to do!" - i said as i laid my head down on the table, my arms holding it up.

i took a deep breath. madison laid her hand on my back. "hey, im sure everything will be fine. and you know how robin is. he most likely will tell you whats wrong soon." - "i guess.. i just need to know soon."

i lifted my head back up. my hair sat in front of my eyes. before i could move it, someone else did. i looked over and saw bruce, he sat down next to me and gave me a hug. my face showed a shocked expression to madison and billy. i hugged bruce back. after we released from the hug he gave me a worried look.

he leaned over a bit next to me. "is something wrong? you wanna talk about it?" - my heart started to beat a little faster than earlier. he is so sweet. i could tell he left his friends just to ask me about it. and they are definitely gonna make fun of him for it.

i gave bruce a small smile. "uh, im fine. you dont need to worry about me. im sure everything will turn out okay anyway." - he still looked worried though. "just know im always here.." - he kissed me on the lips before he got up and went back to his lunch table.

i turned over to madison and billy, my face was pink. i just looked down at my hands, trying to hide the embarrassment. madison nudged me on the shoulder. "okay.. that was so cute!" - her face had a shocked expression. "thats so adorable" - billy said after while he him laughed a little.

i took a second to look around the cafeteria. bruces friends were hyping him up, everyone was either staring at me or bruce, and finney was staring at me with a sad look. that look pierced right through me. it felt like a million knives stabbing me all at once.

we didnt break eye contact. i felt like i disappointed him somehow. our eye contact only broke after donna tapped him on the shoulder to give him something. gwen looked at me too before robin got her to stop.

robin looked really angry at me. i wanted to cry. what was i doing. why do i keep looking at them. i couldnt stop. everything was so confusing. the way they all looked at me made me realize that it seemed more serious than it actually was.

i shook my head. thats it. if they dont tell me then fine. i dont care anymore. the only thing that matters is that im with bruce. and i have the best friends i can have now. i turned over to madison and billy looking happier than before.

———
1260 words

i hope you guys enjoyed this chapter!! will start posting more soon!! 😚💗