interlude: bakugo's revelation

That Friday night, Bakugo was prowling around the local library. It was not necessarily the best place to be as of late, especially with all the painful memories. But today he refused to glance at the orange chairs. And even though his gaze would sometimes wander, his purpose of being there was different than most days. 

But clearly he had no idea where to look. 

And asking for help would be admitting directional weakness. So Bakugo spent nearly half an hour walking in what felt like circles, until he spotted a big section of bland covers and thick titled books. He glanced around before walking over. 

He pulled the book towards him, taking it off the shelf and fingering the pages. The Detriment, it read. But that didn't seem too right. 

Bakugo placed the book back and picked up another one. The Desire. 

Still not it, he replaced it and picked out another. He mentally sighed when he pulled out the correct one and unconsciously moved to the chairs he had always sat in, muscle memory taking over as he opened the first page. For the next couple hours, he dived into the book head first, unable to tear his horrified gaze away. 

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Mistuki jumped as the front blasted open. She glanced up from her spot on the couch where she had been reviewing her latest fashion line. "What the he--" 

"Tell me what happened to Inko and Deku right now." Bakugo demanded, face red from having ran home from the library. He was breathing hard with a fire-like animosity that only someone who could harness explosions could have. 

Realization dawned on Mistuki's face as it softened at the mention of Inko and Izuku. She straightened up her pile of fashion sketches and paperwork before putting it on the table off to the side. She gently reached over and patted the sofa next to her. 

Bakugo squinted at her silence before closing the door and stomping over, kicking his shoes off in the process. He plopped down on the opposite side of his mother, staring at her with intense red eyes. He pursed his lips to keep from pestering his mom to hurry up. He was clearly not in a patient mood. It did not help that his mind was racing so fast that coherent thoughts were at an all-time low for the blonde. He was scared that if his heart started beating any faster, he would end up blowing the house to bits. 

Instead he opted to bounce his leg as he awaited his mother’s words. 

She took a deep breath, relaxing into the couch as if to get away from her son's sweltering gaze. “Stop that.” She scolded only to receive an eye roll in retaliation.

He attempted to pre-formulate her words, but upon glancing once more at her son, she dropped all plans. “What do you remember?” She asked hesitantly, eyebrows furrowed. 

“I remember graduating Aldera, thinking we would never cross paths again only to be bombarded with his presence at UA. He’s been missing for over a month now.” Bakugo said, an annoyed edge to his voice. 

He noticed a concerned gaze cast upon his mother’s face, and immediately felt as if she was mocking him and his concern. Red heat made his face flush. He was increasingly close to setting up and walking out of his room--to sort out his thoughts alone. But he would give his mother five more minutes to explain herself. “What, Hag?” He asked, voice dripping the emotions he was too tired to hide. 

She looked him in the eyes, turning her body to see him more head on. “Honey,” She began softly as if breaking the news to a child. She reached to grab his hand only for the teen to yank it away.