the detriment: excerpt three

His vision warped the classroom beyond reality’s gates of possibility. He felt like waterfalls were streaming past his ears while his vision faded and bubbled and throbbed, becoming increasingly skewed. His stomach was twisting, folding over so much, he was scared he would throw up at any moment. Suddenly, he felt his body become doused in sweat. He felt sticky and disgusting. 

Suddenly the world was uncomfortably warm, as if burning his skin without actively being in proximity quite yet. 

BOOM! 

Suddenly the world snapped back into place similarly to a rubber band. His senses came back dull force, ears ringing as laughter echoed loudly around the room. 

"Dumb [Redacted] can't even pay attention in class! Much less become a hero!" A thickly accented voice spoke up. 

Laughter ensued as the posse began adding inputs as well. "So freaking useless!" 

"No wonder his father is never around! Can't stand having a quirkless nuisance." 

"Ha! I bet his mom wanted to leave him too! She just felt pity and stayed." 

"Awe look, the quirkless freak is crying again! Someone get the tissues!" Bouts of laughter became louder. 

He gently brought a shaky hand up to this face, he didn't even notice the tears had started. His face was blank, face smooth and unbothered, eyes dripping with liquid sadness. And yet no other physical expressions of sadness or anger crossed his face. In fact he almost became confused by the sudden set of tears dripping down his cheeks. He pressed softly around the area, attempting to figure out the reason behind his unneeded tears. 

The laughter in the background was still ever prominent. 

Finally, his fingers brushed the side of his face, his cheek and temple were hot. Uncannily hot, and damp. He pressed around more, feeling skin beginning to bubble up and wrinkle in some areas. Ah, the explosion had nicked his face. No wonder his right eye was crying, the burning skin was very close to having hit his eye. He nodded to himself, finding the damage to be…less than usual. 

The warping classroom didn't aid in his attempts to pack up his items fast, but he tried his hardest to do so as swiftly as possible. By the time of his departure from the classroom, only three other students remained. Red eyes following his every movement, with furrowed brows and a shaky frame.