𝑆𝑡𝑟𝑎𝑛𝑔𝑒𝑟

"𝓗𝓾𝓻𝓽𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓼𝓸𝓶𝓮𝓸𝓷𝓮'𝓼 𝓯𝓮𝓮𝓵𝓲𝓷𝓰𝓼 𝓲𝓼 𝓪𝓼 𝓮𝓪𝓼𝔂 𝓽𝓱𝓻𝓸𝔀𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓪 𝓻𝓸𝓬𝓴 𝓲𝓷 𝓪 𝓵𝓪𝓴𝓮,𝓫𝓾𝓽 𝓭𝓸 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓴𝓷𝓸𝔀 𝓱𝓸𝔀 𝓭𝓮𝓮𝓹 𝓽𝓱𝓪𝓽 𝓻𝓸𝓬𝓱 𝓬𝓪𝓷 𝓰𝓸 ?"

--------------------------------------------------------------------

"So many people have walked by your side... every new one I find puts my heart in a bind... When I look at your face, one that used to seem so perfect and handsome, all I see now is misty... Slowly I could feel my heart freezing over like an Iris struck by a sudden strike of snow in May. I wait for the light of dawn to warm me and bring Serenity back to me... But I can't deny it now... Ash... I know nothing about you. To me you're a complete Stranger"

I remember reaching my room and closing it behind me that evening, leaning against the door as I tried to process the events of earlier. Yes, I was thinking about the battle between Iris and Ash I witnessed but also about what had occurred after that...

"Nurse Joy, can you heal our Pokemon please?" Asked Iris as she approaches the front desk with Ash and the rest of us behind her. After the battle they were completely out of juice and badly injured. "Oh my, that battle you had must have been quite a struggle! Of course, I'll have them checked out and restored right away... Wigglytuff! Bring out a hospital bed please!" Cried nurse Joy as a big, pink, Wigglytuff came out from the back with a hospital table. Both Ash and Iris placed their tired pokemon on it and watched them get wheeled away as they were going to get treated in the back room.

As we waited we sat at a booth, just talking mostly about Ash and Iris's travels through the Unova and it was rather interesting. I picked up on the fact that Iris loved to call Ash a kid and while he was a bit childish I disagreed. Ash was a much matured boy in my eyes, having the traits of a hero and a love for all his pokemon that was rivalled by none. Yes, he acted childish but why was that a bad thing? It's his inner child that makes him so unique, compassionate and wonderful... Anyways, I'm getting off the subject.

"So you are Serena, the one Ash kept talking about over the phone right?" Asked Iris as she extended her hand. "Sorry about the quick intros last time... we didn't really hold back so..."

"Oh! I could tell! That battle was so intense! One of the most intense battles I've ever seen Ash in! It's fine!" I reply, being as friendly as could be. At the time I suspected nothing. Of course they would battle so well, they travelled longer together than we have and besides, Iris was more of the 'down in the dirt' kind. There was no need for me to lose my cool... at least, not at the moment.

"I'm happy you liked it! I trained for months in Johto, fighting every dragon type trainer I glanced at! I would have won if it wasn't for dumb luck..." Ash quickly swung his head to face her, giving her an annoyed look. "Oh!? Then maybe next time we battle I'll use my whole team, not just Pikachu!"

"Sure! What stopped you from doing that before?!" I could see the sparks fly and it made me giggle a bit until I realised something odd... Iris and Ash... They acted so much like each other... Both love to battle and train a lot... both are wilder and like open areas... Maybe it was just me...Anyways, once the drama cleared I noticed Iris looked at me then at Bonnie with a devilish smirk. "Oh Ash? Doubling up now are you?" We all tilt our heads in confusion, even Ash, as we did not know what she talked about.

"You know, doubling up! Before you used to travel with only one girl at a time and now two?" That remark caught my attention hook, line and sinker as I was interested in what she implied.