𝑆ℎ𝑎𝑡𝑡𝑒𝑟𝑒𝑑

"𝓣𝓱𝓮𝓻𝓮 𝓲𝓼 𝓷𝓸 𝓹𝓪𝓲𝓷,𝓘 𝓸𝓯𝓽𝓮𝓷 𝓯𝓮𝓮𝓵, 𝔀𝓱𝓲𝓬𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝔀𝓲𝓵𝓵 𝓷𝓮𝓿𝓮𝓻 𝓴𝓷𝓸𝔀.
𝓘𝓽 𝓬𝓪𝓾𝓼𝓮𝓭 𝓫𝔂 𝓪𝓫𝓼𝓮𝓷𝓬𝓮 𝓸𝓯 𝔂𝓸𝓾."
                                          -𝒜𝓈𝒽𝓁𝑒𝒾𝑔𝒽 ℬ𝓇𝒾𝓁𝓁𝒾𝒶𝓃𝓉

--------------------------------------------------------------------

"Ash... my faith in us is breaking... I only want to hear what you think of me... Because if those thoughts are not the same as mine then... I don't know what I should do... What do I think of you...? I love you... what about you? Ash?"

Slowly, I remove my robe, allowing it to flow freely. I knew that this was my chance, my only chance to catch his eye if only for a moment. My heart was a float on a cloud and my mind clear of worry, there was no better time. I could see Bonnie, Clemont and Ash stare at me with eyes of amazement as they saw me in that beautiful, blazing bikini that showed almost every inch of my almost perfectly kept skin. I felt on top of the world as I ran towards them with their eyes glued onto me. As I entered the water Bonnie swam to me, hugging me tightly as she seemed to be the most impressed.

"Wow Serena, you look soooo cute" She squeals happily! "I agree, that swimsuit really fits you!" Added Clemont as he swam over to me. Ash was a bit farther away so Clemont took advantage of it to whisper to me. "Hey... Are you feeling okay?" I simply nod in response, smiling in order to reassure him that I felt much better now.

However, that feeling would soon be over as Iris attracted everyone's attention. "Hey guys, wait for me!" She yelled as she let her hair loose, letting her very long hair flow down to her knees. She looked very beautiful but it seemed Ash wasn't really watching... that was until Iris threw off her beach robe. She wore a pure, white swimsuit that was one piece but had no straps and was open on the back and stomach.

Iris was amazingly beautiful with her chocolate coloured skin standing out so radiantly against that suit as her dark, purple hair framed her entire body like a gorgeous veil. Ash froze where he was, staring at her with wide and seemingly shocked eyes and so did the rest of us. After a few moments of silence Iris blushes and scratches the back of her head nervously as she becomes bashful from the attention.

At that moment, she looked so beautiful with her true beauty shining through as a wild but kind and determined person... a kind of beauty I could never match... I couldn't believe this, not for a second but it was as clear as the day. She was bashful... and shy... but so great with pokemon and playful... Perfect for Ash... "Iris, wow you look so amazing!" said Ash as Iris finally entered the water with a blush still on her face. "Umm... t-thanks Ash... Clair helped me pick this out in Johto! It looks nice doesn't it?"

"It looks excellent on you Iris, I don't think that swimsuit would look as good on any other girl!" said Clemont as he swam over to her and Ash with Bonnie right behind him.

"Who knew that there was a girl under all that rough and tough!" teased Ash which got Iris to puff her cheeks and shove him playfully, replying with "OH? And who knew you could be such a kid!" Everyone laughs from her remark, all except me. I stood in the place I was before, looking down at the water for I couldn't watch anymore. I shivered as I bit down on my lip as hard as I could, trying to hold back my tears but... I knew... It is done now.

It was clear to me that doing all this, going after a dream where I fall in love with a person who's had more wonderful friends than anyone... I was just a friend... and that hurt... It hurt more than anything I ever had to endure. Iris was truly beautiful, soul and all just the way she was... but me... I never had the guts to even be myself around Ash. I could never connect to Ash like she could because me and him barely know each other... we're strangers to each other... All this time, the dream that I would fall in love with the boy who found me alone in the woods afraid and hurt after being startled by a  was nothing more than just a dream... and finding him again all these years later was bad luck or false hope playing me like a puppet.