𝑅𝑒𝑢𝑛𝑖𝑜𝑛

"𝓦𝓱𝓸 𝓴𝓷𝓸𝔀𝓼 𝓱𝓸𝔀 𝓲'𝓿𝓮 𝓵𝓸𝓿𝓮𝓭 𝔂𝓸𝓾,𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓴𝓷𝓸𝔀 𝓲 𝓵𝓸𝓿𝓮 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓼𝓽𝓲𝓵𝓵.𝓦𝓲𝓵𝓵 𝓲 𝔀𝓪𝓲𝓽 𝓪 𝓵𝓸𝓷𝓮𝓵𝔂 𝓵𝓲𝓯𝓮𝓽𝓲𝓶𝓮? 𝓘𝓯 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝔀𝓪𝓷𝓽 𝓶𝓮 𝓽𝓸 𝓲 𝔀𝓲𝓵𝓵"
                                                   -𝒯𝒽𝑒 ℬ𝑒𝒶𝓉𝓁𝑒𝓈
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

"I can feel my heart longing for your sunlight to embrace my soul, since it is no longer shielded by clouds or walls. I want you to be with me again, I want to say your name without fear. Yes, seeing you will make me cry but those tears will be tears of joy. I wonder, however, are you really there?”

The night quickly came and went as the morning sun stretched out through the large window that took over a wall of my room, urging me to awaken to a new day.

"Wake up Serena, we have to get ready."

Even now after these three months I still feel empty without him saying those words to me or me saying them to him. Still, today wasn't one of those days where I could just ponder it as I had important things to do which I was reminded off as I heard a knock on my door.

"Serena, it's time to get ready! We have a big day planned today!"

"O-oh Yes! Of course! I'll be ready in an hour!"

"Okay Princess, if you need anything we'll be waiting!"

Hehe, it was just like a fairy tale... Anyways, I need to get ready. After all, staring at the ceiling all day wasn't an option today. As I stood up I almost instantly fell to the ground as all my legs were very sore from my performance last night. I could barely stand up straight on them from how weak they were.

"Ahh... Woah Serena... once step at a time..." slowly I found my footing, preparing myself for the day ahead. If I was correct, today was the second Trial where the Knights had to collect a Pumkaboo from the woods and bring it back to me... It sounded simple enough but, then again, I didn't know what was in those woods so for all I knew it was just a mess of impassible vines and roots.

Before I knew it I was back in my fancy dress being wheeled off to the edge of the forest where the remaining ten Knights stood behind a line, awaiting for the time to come. As I passed by in my carriage they bowed to me, making me blush some more. It doesn't matter how often this happens I'll never grow accustomed to it which is probably for the best since after tomorrow my role as a princess is over.

It appeared that this time, a young woman was the MC for this event. As I shakily walked over to my booth I watched closely, my attention being squarely on the cloaked boy called satoshi. The competition took place near a dark forest with a large cliff by it, seemingly having many dark caves.

"Hello everyone and welcome to the second trial! The Pumkaboo hunt! My name is Maple and I am proud to present our remaining ten Knights!" The crowd cheered, all of them seemingly excited. "During the duration of the hunt each Knight will be followed by a Fletchling with a camera attached to its leg. This way we can not only see our lovely Knights in action but also ensure no cheating is occurring. Now, does our beautiful Princess have words for our knights?"

There was my cue, so again I stood and spoke," My brave and loyal knights, making this far has proven your physical abilities... Now you must test your courage and brave the dark forest and retrieve for me a Pumkaboo of top quality. For you, my Knights, I offer my prayers for your safety within the woods... May fate be on your side!" As I sit the crowd cheers, waiting in anticipation for the trial to begin.