𝐹𝑎𝑙𝑠𝑒 𝐻𝑜𝑝𝑒

"𝓞𝓾𝓻 𝓰𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓮𝓼𝓽 𝓳𝓸𝔂 𝓪𝓷𝓭 𝓸𝓾𝓻 𝓰𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓮𝓼𝓽 𝓹𝓪𝓲𝓷 𝓬𝓸𝓶𝓮
𝓲𝓷 𝓸𝓾𝓻 𝓻𝓮𝓵𝓪𝓲𝓸𝓷𝓼𝓱𝓲𝓹 𝔀𝓲𝓽𝓱 𝓸𝓽𝓱𝓮𝓻𝓼."
                                                -𝒮𝓉𝑒𝓅𝒽𝑒𝓃 ℛ.𝒞𝑜𝓋𝑒𝓎
------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Learning all these things about you... doesn't change my feelings for you and it makes me feel like a fool. With all these wonderful friends lined up before me... I know I'm not your number one... I know I'm not your first choice... Not once have you seen me as more than a friend... and that's why I feel a fool... why can't I not see us as just friends?... "

I'm not sure when I woke up, likely very early the next day since the sun had yet to rise beyond the horizon to greet its people to a new day. As I use my arms to push myself up I realise that I had slept on the ground, coiled up like a baby and my hair was messy .... Like HIS I guess.

"Aww, snap out of it Serena... You're overreacting”

I brush my hair with my hands, getting back to a slightly more favourable shape. Slowly, I began to stand but my body was just so unstable and wobbly from my night of storms and pain. While I physically didn't receive any injuries I could feel my heart hurt from the recoil of my Wild charge last night.

However, it was a good thing I had a slow start because if I didn't I wouldn't have noticed a note that had slipped under the door. "Hmm?" I pick it up as I finally manage to stand on my unstable legs. Thanks to the odd position I slept in, my legs had become very numb and shaky so I had to sit on the bed in the room just to keep from falling over. As I sit I begin to read the note left for me. Judging by the handwriting I assumed it was left by Clemont.

Since you hadn't returned last night after leaving I picked up your pokemon from Nurse Joy," At that moment I slapped my hand against my forehead for leaving without telling them. I felt so horribly for just running off without even picking up my pokemon... as if I didn't feel like much of a fool already...

"I don't know what happened last night but after you ran off we got really worried about you. You didn't even answer your door last night when I tried to return your pokemon. I'm pretty sure you don't really want to talk about what happened last night but if you need someone to talk to I'm here... you can pick up your pokemon in the morning. I hope you'll feel better tomorrow for our beach trip... We decided to head out for that at around 7am.

-Clemont"

I sigh as I plop down onto the bed. I knew it was nowhere near 7am, more likely it was around 2 or 3 o'clock in the morning but I couldn't go back to sleep... my head hurt too much with the thoughts buzzing around in there like an angry hoard of Beedrill.

Since Ash told us about this little vacation I was so excited to take part in it and just hang out at the beach with him, Bonnie, Clemont and whoever this friend was. However, now I don't want to do anything now... that talk last night just zapped everything I had from me. Just recalling what Iris said made my blood boil and the worst part about it was that she said it so casually... "Yeah he does, and now with you guys... he has like what... 5, 6 lady friends? If you keep this up Ash you'll have so many girlfriends that you won't be able to tell them apart anymore!" I just couldn't take it.

I knew it was a joke, I knew she just referred to all the friends Ash has made that just happened to be female but to say that after hearing how highly Ash praises them... It makes me wonder if I'm just lost in the sea of girls he's met that have not only accomplished more than I, but also are more memorable than me... I mean, what do I have that's worth mentioning? All I can think of is maybe the fact I met him when he was very young but beyond those 15 minutes of childhood bliss there really isn't much else.