𝑇𝑟𝑖𝑎𝑙𝑠 𝑂𝑓 𝑇ℎ𝑒 𝐻𝑒𝑎𝑟𝑡

"𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓼𝓾𝓹𝓮𝓻𝓶𝓮 𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓹𝓲𝓷𝓮𝓼𝓼 𝓸𝓯 𝓵𝓲𝓯𝓮 𝓬𝓸𝓷𝓼𝓲𝓼𝓽𝓼 𝓲𝓷 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓬𝓸𝓷𝓿𝓲𝓬𝓽𝓲𝓸𝓷
𝓽𝓱𝓪𝓽 𝓸𝓷𝓮 𝓲𝓼 𝓵𝓸𝓿𝓮𝓭."
                                           -𝒱𝒾𝒸𝓉𝑜𝓇 𝓗𝓊𝑔𝑜
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I sit upon my throne of beautiful autumn hue awaiting the spring to return to me. However, I do not think that waiting will be enough as all I do is sit in the silence of my caverns."

"Perhaps one day a storm will come and break my walls apart so I would have no choice but to face the tornado I shield myself from. After all, my walls can only withstand the strain for so long."

"Presenting your highness, Princess Serena!" The sounds of trumpets play as the pumpkin shaped carriage I rode in passes through the crowd of adoring people, chanting my name in admiration as the four Ponyta wheel me over to the Jousting match. I for once felt very flattered as I wasn't used to getting so much attention from so many people, it felt very exhilarating.

After all, I was sitting here with hundreds of adoring people around me wearing a very gorgeous dress. It felt like a dream come true for me... if only he were here... to see me like this. Then it would be perfect... But I shouldn't dwell on things I left behind. After all, if he shared my feelings he would be here now with me... Right?

Anyways, I was very thankful that I didn't have to walk as my legs were still a bit shaky from my showcase performance. If I had walked much more I feared I would have tripped over something or collapsed while sampling the festival fair. Besides, travelling by carriage was much faster so I didn't have to worry about being late for anything happening. Soon we arrived at the Jousting ring where I could see some festival Organisers placing protective gear on the Rapidash meant to compete today. They were such majestic creatures, seemingly straight out of fairy tale with how graceful they seemed to be.

I admit, I'm not so familiar with the whole Jousting thing but I had a faint idea of how it worked. As the Princess of the fair I had my very own booth provided for me where I had the perfect view of the matches. The Booth itself was very roomy and comfortable;

It was clear that Miss Mayor spared no expense to make this festival wonderful as even the arena had such fine work to it. As my coachman led me up to my booth more trumpets played with an older man, dressed in a very appealing, soldier-like costume walks to the centre of the arena with a microphone. As he did, the people in the Arena seats cheered in glee as he began to speak.

"Hello everyone and welcome to the Autumn Festival Jousting match! I, Gilagine will be your MC for this wonderful clash of Knights!" I clapped along with the crowd, excited to watch the match. It has been quite a long time since I felt this excited yet nervous about anything other than my Showcases. As the crowd claps ten, very well decorated Rapidash plated in gold and silver armour run into the arena, running around the boundaries before settling next to Gilagine with five of the marvellous pokemon on each of his sides.

"Will our brave and strong knights please step forward?!" From two terminals on each side of the Arena the 20 Knights step out, each also wearing very lovely Armour. All of them had their helmets at their side except for one that stood on the far right. I could only assume that was the cloaked boy from yesterday since he was the only one who refused to show his face. The crowd roared for them as two of them each stood next to a Rapidash, seemingly absorbing the admiration of the spectators.