𝐹𝑒𝑒𝑙𝑖𝑛𝑔𝑠 𝑅𝑒𝑓𝑢𝑠𝑒 𝑇𝑜 𝐷𝑖𝑒

"𝓘𝓯 𝓲 𝓴𝓷𝓸𝔀 𝔀𝓱𝓪𝓽 𝓲𝓼 𝓵𝓸𝓿𝓮,𝓲𝓽 𝓲𝓼
𝓫𝓮𝓬𝓪𝓾𝓼𝓮 𝓸𝓯 𝔂𝓸𝓾"
                                                   -ℋ𝑒𝓇𝓂𝒶𝓃𝓃 ℋ𝑒𝓈𝓈𝑒
------------------------------------------------------------------------

"All that is near us we must know can disappear in just a moment and many times I find that we always take it for granted. The dreams we've given up on could be the very thing that turns out to be our hero because a life without drive is just a bland world lacking favour.

Only now that my dream is gone do I realise how much it meant to me. All that we love and hold so dear could disappear one day without warning. You know the closer you get to something the tougher it is to see it. Maybe that's why the feelings I thought once died for you when I was with you have come back to me with a vengeance."

As soon as I arrived in town nothing but craziness unleashed itself upon me as crowds upon crowds of people swarm around the city in pure excitement. Confused at first I wandered around the large crowd of people, trying to find the shopping center only to be pushed by the people in the crowd and fall into a bush nearby. "Ow...w-what's going on?"

"It's the Autumn Festival, don't you know." The moment I heard a voice I jumped up in shock, finding that it was an elderly lady speaking to me.

"Autumn... Festival?"

"Indeed dearie, with the cooling of the seasons the leaves turn bright orange and the Pumpkaboo are plentiful... Catching the biggest one is a major part of this festival and the main reason for it. Am I to assume you're here to enter the Showcase?" The woman helps me to dust off the leaves in my clothing and hair as I stand there, a bit surprised about her knowing.

"How did you...?"

"Dearie if you're not here for the festival then I must assume you're here for the Showcase, it's the only other thing that's newsworthy here in our little town.. Well, other than our gym but that's beyond the point...! You seem to be more of the fashionable type."

I blush slightly from being complimented, smiling at the kind woman. "T-thank you Miss... For the compliment and for the help. To answer you, yes, I am planning to enter the showcase tomorrow! My name is Serena"

"Ahh, excellent, then you might be the one!" I tilt my head in confusion as I had no idea what she spoke of. Honestly, I was still rather confused about all this since all I know is that this crowd was because of a festival.

"Yes dearie! The winner of the Showcase is to be the Autumn princess this year! It was decided by the Mayor of the town which is none other than yours truly~ "The woman wraps her arm around me as her eyes are filled with the sparkles of pride, "Yes! As the Autumn Princess your job is to select the cutest, largest, smallest and most beautiful Pumpkaboo from the ones submitted... Then from the four finalists the Trainers will battle against each other for the honour of being the Autumn Prince and stand among the side of the Princess for the final Parade! Ohh I would be so excited if you were to go and win~" She lets me go, facing the throne that was being built for tomorrow

"Sometimes, the autumn prince and princess become King and Queen~ Ahh, romantic~ Oh! Look, they're bringing out the costumes as we speak... don't they look dashing~" I turned to face the two costumes being carried to a building destined to be the Showcase stage and I had to say, I was very impressed.