2 | Chapter 2

It was a few days before Kunikida saw Dazai again as the mafia were increasing the amount of missions and it meant more paperwork , this also meant that Kunikida had zero amount of time to see Dazai. And not to mention the fact that their recent mission had failed miserably. 

They had met up at the same place they first met. "Its been awhile hasn't it?" Dazai asked when they saw each other. "You could say that again." Kunikida said.

"So , work been keeping you busy?" Dazai asked. 

"Yeah. The amount of paperwork increased in the last few days." Kunikida said. "And I couldn't make any time to come and see you even after work was over."

"Sounds like you have a boring job." Dazai said. 

"Well I guess its better than nothing." Kunikida said.

"True ". Dazai said. They both stood there in silence untill Dazai spoke up again.

"Hey i know." Dazai said. Kunikida looked at Dazai and waited for him to contine. "Do you have a phone?" He asked. Kunikida nodded. "Good. How about we give each other our numbers and we can talk to each other whenever we want." Dazai said.

That actually seemed like a really good idea so Kunikida agreed to it and gave Dazai his phone number and Dazai gave Kunikida his own phone number.

Once the numbers were added into their own contacts it meant that they could contact each other whenever.

"So same time tommorrow?" Dazai asked and Kunikida agreed to meet up again. After that they both parted ways once more.

_______

It was now the next day after that and what suprised Kunikida the most was the fact that there wasn't alot of work to do and it looked like the boss didn't want him for anything so it appeared that Kunikida had a huge gap in his schedule.

He finished what little work needed to be done and took out his phone and turned it on. He tapped on his contacts which only condisted of chuuya , akutagawa and the boss , and stared at his newly added contact which was Dazai.

Kunikida was thinking of sending Dazai a message but he decided against it as Dazai also had a job and was most likely at work doing his own work and Kunikida didn't want to distract him and having Dazai getting fired for not working.

With nothing to do , Kunikida sat there feeling bored for the first time in a long time. So without really thinking he quickly sent Dazai a short message on his phone and hoped that Dazai wouldn't mind that he sent a message during work hours.

*ding* Kunikida was suprised when he heard the text notification sound come up so quickly. A new message from Dazai popped up which read:

'hello kunikida i was suprised you sent a text first but hey'

After reading Dazai's message he sent another one back and turned off his phone. He then got another notification which was yet another text from Dazai which read:

'we meeting up same time again?'

So he quickly replied with:

'Yes , if i don't have any more work that has to be done.'

And saw the quick reply from Dazai and then turned off his phone as he had also recived a message to have a meeting with some of the mafia members.

After the days work and long meeting was over and Kunikida was sure nothing was going to change or interrupt his schedule he left the mafia headquaters not in mafia clothes obviously , and went to the same place where he and Dazai met.

He was on time like always but it took a little while for Dazai to show up.

"Hey Kunikida." Dazai said as he arrived. Kunikida stopped looking through his notebook and looked up to see Dazai standing next to him.

"You have a notebook?" He asked as Kunikida quickly shut it. "Its not a notebook its my ideal." Kunikida said earning a confused look from Dazai.

"Ideal?"

"Its might not be important to you but it is to me." Kunikida said. "It has a list of things and about an ideal world where people won't have to die ...."

"Ive been thinking." Dazai said trying to change the subject. "I just thought that since we exchanged numbers does that mean we're like dating and stuff?"

"Huh?" Now it was Kunikidas turn to be confused. Sure he was smart and knew quite an amount of things but he had zero knowledge and experiance in the whole love department , boyfriend and girlfriend thing.

"I don't get it." Kunikida said and Dazai just laughed which confused Kunikida even more. "Im just messing with you." Dazai said

"Sure ...." Kunikida said not convinced if Dazai was joking or not. With that Dazai randomly grabbed Kunikidas hand.

"How about we just walk around then." Dazai said.

It was a really peaceful night in Yokohama considering the fact that the mafia had taken the night off and not many people were out and about which gave them the perfect chance to enjoy the quiet.

After their walk around the city they stopped back at the usual place and decided it was best to leave for the rest of the night.

"It was great today."  Dazai said as he smiled at Kunikida.

"Yeah , it was." Kunikida replied and he smiled back.

"Thats the first time ive seen you smile!" Dazai said. "You should do it more often."

With that they both parted ways. As Kunikida was walking back to where he lived his thoughts were on Dazai.

He wasn't sure what it was about but he was fine with it.
____________________________________________

Sorry for the long wait. I wanted to write a really chill chapter with no angsty things in but im not sure if i succeded in that.

Hope you enjoyed it and thanks for reading if you did.

-SunWritesFanfics