Prologue 1: Camp

The prologue will be Clementine and Y/n's journey in the flashback scenes.

Clementine was with AJ making shadow puppets for him. Me and my sister, Clementine, have been camping in the woods over the past two years with our friend, Kenny, and a little boy named Alvin Junior, or as we call him, AJ. And I had developed more of a southern accent. I was now 18, and Clem was 13. We've been here hoping Wellington will eventually open for us. "How about this one." Clementine did a dog shadow puppet. "Bark! Bark!" She said. AJ started laughing. I smiled knowing AJ was like an ordinary innocent child.
"Down, boy." We heard Kenny say. He came by with an armful of wood. "Thats a pretty good dog." He said. Something about Kenny is that over time, we found an eyepatch for Kenny, and it really suits him in my opinion. "Need some help, Ken?" I asked him.
"Nah, i got it." He said. He started setting up the wood he got and the fire went out. "Ah, shit. Hey, grab the lighter out the duffel, will ya?" He asked. Clementine grabbed the lighter. I went to Kenny and helped him set up the rest of the wood. Clem came by with the lighter. She used it to relight the fire. We heard AJ crying. "Just a second, goofball." Clem said. Kenny poked at the fire with a stick a little and it completely relit. "Voila!" Kenny said with a smile. We saw a walker sneaking up on AJ. "Hey! Get away from him!" Clem said. She grabbed a rock and smashed the walker's head in. I grabbed AJ and Kenny pulled out his gun, making sure there were no more walkers. "Is he okay?" Kenny asked.
"Shh-shh." I gently shushed AJ. "Still not bitten, little man." I said to him.
"You know, first time you guys held AJ, it looked so natural. Somewhere up there, his mama is looking down on ya." Kenny said. "Grateful for what you're doing." He added.
"You've done as much for AJ as we have." Clem told him.
"Yeah. She'd be grateful for you, too." I told him.
"Yeah, but you guys are like parents or older siblings to him." Kenny said. "Protective, loving, caring... All the things a good parent needs and all at y'all's ages." He added as I sat AJ down. We sat down on a log with Kenny. "Parenthood is a hell of a motivator, heh - thats for sure."
"That kind of love is worth it." I told them. Kenny nodded. "What I did to Carver...i did for you guys."
We heard AJ cough. "AJ's sick of this snow." Kenny said.
"I don't blame him." Clem said.
"Well, i've been thinking...it's not use survivin' out here, hoping Wellington'll take us in someday." Kenny told us. He wasn't wrong. It's no use hanging out if every few months when we check back, we tell us away. "I bet we find some good people down in Florida." Kenny suggested.
"Good people are still out there?" Clem asked.
"Well, if there ain't, its cause we keep losing them. Like Sarita..." Kenny said. I still felt bad about Sarita. She was a good person, and when Clem chopped her arm off, the walkers got her. "You guys were just trying to save her life. I never thanked you for that." Kenny said.
"You're welcome." Clem said with a smile.
"She always said, 'family is what you make it.' And she was right." Kenny told us with a smile. It was good knowing Kenny was happy. Me and Clem hugged him, him hug us back immediately. "We love you too, Kenny." I told him.
"All right, all right, all right. Enough sap, Kenny." He told himself. He looked at AJ. "How about this one, little man?" He made a deer shadow puppet. Seeing AJ happy made me and Clem laugh too. "We've got each other. As long as we have that, we're gonna be okay." Clem said to us.