Episode 3: Unplanned Entry

"Javi!" David said to Javi.
"Its you!" Javi said, shocked. Gabe ran to David and hugged them, making the New Frontier guards raise their guns. "Everyone, lower your weapons, this is my family!" David said. He let Gabe go. "David, Kate's been shot."
"Oh god." David took Kate. "We need to get her to the hospital!"
"They haven't been checked for bites!" Max yelled.
"Do you want her to die?" David asked Max.
"I didn't say that!" Max said. David took Kate and Gabe followed them. "Our doctor will check them. You need to go to quarantine." A guard asked.
"Okay. We'll go." Javi said. We went with them to the quarantine area. I was still extremely shocked by all of this.

We went to the quarantine basement and saw Eleanor. "Eleanor!" Tripp said. The two hugged. "I told them Kate was in the car and they said they'd look into it." Eleanor told us.
"We found her before she got worse. They just took her to the hospital." Javi said.
"So no one went to look for her."
"They didn't. The people here, they're New Frontier. And it gets worse. One of them's Javi's brother!" Tripp said.
"I'm kind of shocked myself." Javi said.
"Family drama aside, i hope you know i'm not about to make nice with New Frontier. They burned Prescott to the ground for no fuckin' reason." Tripp said.
"I guess I won't be finding my people alive." Jesus said.
"For all we know, your brother could have been behind your niece's death and Kate getting shot." Tripp exclaimed. I wouldn't be surprised if he was somehow involved.
"Clementine, Y/n, you were in The New Frontier. Did you know David?" Jesus asked. Clementine sighed. "We knew him." She said. "If I'm being honest, he's not a good guy."
"He's... he's an asshole. He took something from us. We hoped we'd never see David again." I said.
"I can admit he can be a hardass; but he's not that bad." Javi said.
"People change." Clem said.
"He fact he's your brother- doesn't change nothin. Once we get outta here, I'm gonna find the man that killed Francine." Conrad said.
"David can help us. As soon as I get a moment alone, i'll get to the bottom of this." Javi said.
"Maybe it would be smart to play along for now." Jesus said.
"Hey." We heard from David. He was at the door. "Kate's asking for ya." David said to Javi.
"What about the others?" Javi asked.
"Yeah, what about the rest of us?" Tripp asked.
"Some people get out early. Some stay for a long fucking time." David told us.
"I'll put in a good word for you." He said. David looked at me and Clementine. Then they left.

Skip to after Javi meets Ava and the hospital to the part where they meet with Joan and Clint.

Javi's POV...
We, David and I, were sat down with two other leaders, Joan and Clint. "We value straight talk here. So forgive me if I seem direct. We're pretty strict to who we open our doors to. Your brother's word counts for a lot. The three of us and Dr Paul Lingard make all the decisions here." Joan said.
"People that stay with us have to deal with us bossing them around. Not saying you wouldn't, but it can be an adjustment for the more independent minded." Clint said.
"I always do what I'm told." I told them.
"When we first met David, he was trying his hand at fruit. He was slowly murdering an orchard on the Shenandoah River. Then we brought it back to life." Clint told me.
"It was good for as long as it lasted." David said.
"What happened?" I asked.
"Trusted the wrong damn people. That's why we started this." David pointed to the New Frontier symbol on his neck.
"Does it hurt?" I asked.
"Its burned into your flesh. Of course, it fucking hurts!" David lightly boomed.
"We had a bad winter just after we moved here. Lost a great deal. Protecting my people is what keeps me awake at night." Joan told me. It made me think. Mariana. Kate. "Funny you say that. Some of your people, they keep me awake. Some give me nightmares." I told her.
"I'm sorry Javi, I'm not sure i follow." Joan said. The doors opened and Max came in. "Max? What are you doing here?" David asked.
"I sent for him. I hear they're well acquainted. They exchanged a few bullets outside our walls." Clint said.
"Is that right? Is there bad blood between you and Max?" Joan asked me.
"He's all right by me." Javi said.
"Yeah. Same here." Max said. Joan didn't buy it. "How did this start?" Joan asked.
"We caught him siphoning gas from one of our vehicles. Sorry David. I know he's family, but your brothers a thief." Max said.
"I was scavenging what I could find. I had no idea it was yours." I told them.
"If you asked, we would have given it to ya." Max said.
"Thats not all. Rufus said Clementine and Y/n ran his truck off the road. We had real problems with them in the past." Max told them.
"Clementine and Y/n are not bad people. Not from what i've seen." I told them.
"Course you say that. You got that 'honor among thieves.'" Max said.
"This is who you're asking to vouch for? Seriously? We're trying to build something different here." Clint said.
"Everything I did was to protect my people. Thats more I can say for you." I told them.
"I'm not sure what I mean. You have something to say?" Joan asked me. I wasn't gonna hold back. "One of your people- some asshole named Badger- he killed my niece! David's daughter!"
"What?!" Max exclaimed.
"Javi, i said i'd deal with this." David said to me.
"No David, this cousin-fucking dirtbag has the balls to accuse me when he and Badger burned down and entire town!" I shouted.
"Thats enough!" David sat me down.
"No. We need to hear this." Clint said. "What else did they do?"
"They butchered a hostage! A woman named Francine! Then shot her in cold blood!" I told them.
"Badger did it, not me! I tried to stop him, I swear..." Max said.
"You've lost control of your soldiers." Clint said.
"I want them gone! All of them." Joan demanded. "Take Javi and all his friends to the gate. Send them out with enough weapons to defend themselves, but no more." I rose from the couch and went with the guards.