Episode 1: Javi

Now we're starting the game

One night later...
I was running back to Clementine who was in front of a tree. "Okay, there's a truck that's coming this way, okay? Its New Frontier." I said.
"Great. All we need is to get the truck, find The New Frontier, ask about AJ, and hope to god he's alive." Clem said. "That truck is step one. Start sawing that tree." She said. I grabbed the saw and started cutting into the wood. It took a while, but it fell right as the truck approached. The truck crashed. We stayed in the woods until we saw someone in The New Frontier jump out, followed by someone with his wrists tied, holding a pistol. The guy with the brand ran off, leaving the tied up guy. I held the shotgun to his head. "Okay. Yeah. Okay." He dropped the gun.
"Good. Stay there." Clem said. I went to check the truck. "Totaled." I said. I tossed an apple to her. She caught it and took a bite. "Put your hands up and close your eyes." Clem said. The guy closed his eyes. "Listen, I'm the victim here." He said.
"Aren't we all?" I asked. Clem started searching his bag and found a candy bar. "Hey, that's for my niece. She loves chocolate more than anything." He said. Clem put the candy bar back in his bag. I grabbed the gun. "Now count to a hundred while we leave." I told him.
"Wait. My family, they're stuck at a junkyard. We were driving and found the place, then got attacked by some bad people." He told us.
"You were driving? We need a vehicle. We take you there, we get your car, deal?" I asked.
"Okay. The van's yours." He said. We started walking towards the junkyard. "The names Javier, by the way. People call me Javi." He said.
"Clementine." Clem said her name.
"And I'm Y/n." I followed.
"Nice to meet you two." He said. We saw the junkyard was being blocked by a herd of walkers. "Shit. Muertos caught up to us." Javi said.
It was so hard to not type Javi here.
"Muertos?" I questioned his choice of word for walkers.
"What do you call 'em?" Javi asked.
"Walkers." Clem said.
"What do you call the ones that run?"
"We call them all walkers. Walkers are walkers." I said a little harshly. "Sorry. We uhh...we've been alone for a bit."
"Sounds lonely if you ask me." Javi said.
"Well, we didn't." Clem said. "And look, there's a town nearby called Prescott. We can wait out the herd there." Clementine said.
"Lead the way." Javi told us. Clem cut Javi's bindings. "Don't make us regret it." Clem said.

We ran to Prescott and started running through the walkers to the gate. The gate closed. "I can't open the gate until you clear them out! Can't risk it!" Tripp said. Clementine put her knife away and pulled out her pistol. She aimed it at one and pulled the trigger, but the bullets didn't fire. "Fuck! These bullets won't fire!" Clem shouted. The walker tried to attack us. I whacked it in the head and stomped it's head three times. "Rotten fucker." I muttered. Tripp opened the gate and let us in. Then Francine ran in on her horse. "God effin' damnit, Francine. One of these days that gate's gonna close, and your ass is gonna be stuck on the other side." Tripp scolded.
"And when that day comes, Tripp, I promise, I'm eat you first." She said. She walked off with the horse. Tripp looked at us. "Clementine and Y/n, right? Staying a while this time?" He asked.
"Depends how long the herd is out there. Then we take Javi to a junkyard." I said.
"My family is there." Javi said. Tripp explained some rules to keep in line. Then we entered Prescott. Javi looked back at the gate. "I'm sure your family will know what to do." I said.
"Come on, Y/n. We gotta talk to someone about bullets." Clem said. We went past Conrad's bar to Eli's tent. "HEY!" I shouted. Eli woke up. He looked at us confused. "What the hell do you want?" He asked.
"The right bullets." Clementine said. He turned away. "Don't turn away from me, I'm talking to you!" Clem shouted.
"We had a deal, and its done." He said. Javi came over. "This guy ripped of us. We gave him good batteries, and he gave us bullets that won't WORK." I said.
"And who the fuck is this? Your bodyguard or somethin?" He asked.
"They don't need me. They can protect themselves." Javi told Eli. Clem pulled out the pistol. "He knows the bullets don't work. He's not even scared." Clem pulled the trigger in his face and the gun didn't fire. "Un-fucking-believable." Eli took his knife out and tried going for one of us, but Javi jumped in front of it. Eli got Javi just above the eye a little, but he wrestled the knife away from him. Javi pushed him back to his chair. "Okay, lets take it down a notch." Eli said, acting like he was afraid now.
"Just give us what we are owed!" I yelled.
"You gotta calm them down." Eli said to Javi, resulting in him punching Eli in the face. "Okay. Settle down. I'll find some batteries." He panicked.
"We don't need batteries. What we need are bullets that won't get us killed!" As Clem finished her sentence, she pulled the trigger again. However, this time, the gun didn't jam. The bullet went through Eli's head. "Drop the gun! Right now!" We heard from Conrad. He ran over with his shotgun. "I fuckin' warned you!"
"There's a herd out there and you're firing a fuckin'--" Tripp saw Eli's dead body. "What happened?"
"Eli attacked Javi! It was self defense!" Clementine exclaimed.
"Was she justified?" Tripp asked. We hoped Javi would back us up. "Look at my eye, man. Of course she was. Eli would have killed me if Clem didn't shoot." Javi said, backing us up.
"Damn it. I'm putting you three under lock and key until we get this sorted out." Tripp said.
"What?!" I exclaimed. "But--"
"Come on." Tripp ordered. We went with Tripp.