Just the beginning

"What do you mean?" I asked Sensei confused. "Well, there is only one way a demon could die from a Demon Slayer. When a Demon Slayer cut its neck with a Nichirin Blade, it dies peacefully." He explained. I grabbed my sword correctly and sliced ​​off the bamboo right in the middle. "That's it! But a Demon's neck is way thicker than bamboo of course," Was that a compliment or an insult?- "Come with me, we gotta be quick now it's still early," He ran away after that, of course I had to follow him. But he was just too fast for me! He ran toward a mountain, but when I thought he was done running, he ran up to the mountain! Gosh, I don't have the stamina for this..

When we finally reached the top of the mountain, Sensei spoke, "Be sure to it back before it's sunset, so I know you are worth to train." Just when I was about to tell him about me having totally not enough oxygen for this 'quest', he vanished through the mist. "Um.?" I stood there awkwardly by myself. After 2 seconds I finally started moving. It was cold though- If I just had a pair of gloves, I would be fine with walking down the mountain. But not today. I remembered Sensei's words, he said I had to get down before sunset. If I just walk there's no way I'll get there before sunset. I started running. Walking down a mountain would've been actually useless , I thought. Demon Slayers don't stand still, so I don't either! 

I ran down the mountain as fast as I could but at the same time trying to control my breath. It wasn't easy to be honest. But I still tried. If I keep this up I'll be down in 10 minutes! I was excited.

But just before I started smiling, a huge wooden log came flying towards my head. HOLY SHIT - Before the log could hit my head, I dodged away. After 2 seconds I stood up again, "The fuck?" I mumbled to myself. The log was gone but it left me with a sort of trauma... I have to be more patient with where I put down my feet. I started running, again. 

From under! "Huh, is somebody there?" Just as I stopped running another log hit me from under! The voice was right, it did come from under! "So that's how you wanna play it, Sensei?" Bring it on! I continued running down the mountain again. I now knew there were more traps waiting for me so I was more careful this time. Besides, I have a mysterious voice that tells me where the traps come from, I'll beat this!

It's been 5 minutes (I think) after the second log came. I came past 7 more and I can already see Sensei's house from here. I didn't stop in those 5 minutes. Now I'm glad I didn't go walking, I would not be on time and I would've been beaten up by the logs. Another log came towards me, the voice probably didn't say anything since I already saw it coming. I dodged it again. Dodging these logs is easy if you know where they come from, guess I'll pass this easily!  

I reached Sensei's house. Before I opened the door I looked at the moon, who was still in the sky. I'm on time. I grabbed the doorknob and turned it sideways which opened it. Sensei was sitting on the ground around the table with a katana on it. He turned to me with a surprised look on his face, "Welcome back Y/n, sit down" 

I walked into the house and closed the door behind me and then sat down in front of Sensei. "I honestly expected you much later, the moon's not even gone yet. But good job. Will you tell me what made you go down the mountain that fast?" 

"I actually don't know, I noticed the traps fast and eventually knew how you had it in mind. After I knew that, I kept running and dodging the logs," Sensei smiled and nodded. He turned his head, "Did you know that I train the fastest Slayers in Japan? You quickly made it through the mountain and became one of the fastest that did that. Be proud Y/n," He told me. I was actually surprised to hear that. "Sensei, can you tell me what breathing I'm training for?" I asked carefully, already knowing I'll not get an answer, "I thought you'd already figured out yourself?" I could've, actually. "I can't tell you yet, by the time you get your Nichirin blade you'll probably already know," I knew that answer was coming, but it'

"However, do you know that Nichirin blades are, Y/n?" I shook my head, I mean, I know what they are but not the meanings of it. "There are in total 15 different Nichirin blade colors. Each color represents a breathing technique, for example. A blue Nichirin color is for the Water Breathing user and white for the Mist Breathing users. A different color then: White, Blue, Green, Lavender, Pink, Purple, Red, Gray, Yellow, Indigo-grey, Amber, Dull gray, Black or Black changing Red doesn't have a Breathing technique and is considered as 'Nothing'." Those are some cool colors, but 'Nothing' is just cruel to call people. "You are ready for my training Y/n. You've proved to me that you are worth it to train, will you continue?" He looked at me as if it was a question to choose for mom or dad, but gave a small smile afterwards as I gave him a scared look. 

"I guess I will, I've dreamed of this! Sensei, " I looked back at him and cleared my face, "Will you make me the best Demon Slayer that ever lived?" He gave a short laugh, "Of course I will, Y/n"

An hour had passed since I returned from the mountain. I was laying on my bed, trying to sleep. But I couldn't, I had too many questions! How was my little brother doing? How was mom doing? And from who was that voice back then? Those are all questions I cannot answer myself.... That's it! I'm gonna write them a letter! But not now, I don't have enough energy in my legs to stand up. They were hurting like hell! But I can also ask Sensei about my brother, maybe he knows the person training my brother. But I'll do that when I wake up...

Not in a forest-like place, no. In a village. At night. All alone... I walked a bit through the village. No one  was awake.... or no one lived here. There were houses though, just no humans around. "This is strange..." I said to myself, "I smell a demon.." I turned around out of shock. It wasn't me talking or any villagers in town, there were no villagers. It was that mysterious voice again... I've learned that if the Voice says something about danger or traps that it's always true. So there must be a demon nearby in this town! I cannot kill it, I haven't learned a single thing when it comes to fighting a demon, only how to slice it's neck. But I went searching for it anyways. "Left, Left, Right" The Voice said again. "Alright, left, left then right" And I started walking. My hip hurts. I looked at it and saw a katana -or what it looked like- a Nichirin blade. An uncolored Nichirin blade, dull gray. "Don't worry, it won't change here" The Voice told me. It must be true then. I fell on the ground, something just hit me on my head... I closed my eyes...

"Y/n! It's time to wake up, training's beginning," I opened my eyes to see Sensei standing in the doorway of the room. "I'm coming, are we going up the mountain again?" I asked half awake, "Oh no, that was just the beginning!"

Writers note:  This chapter took me only a day because I guess I was very motivated to write. I'll write more now. Remember to watch Demon Slayer if you haven't yet guys! It's a really enjoyable anime and has 2 seasons + a movie (On Zoro.com) 1378 words.