Just copies

I woke up hearing the sound of chirping birds outside. I was still tired though, I should've gone to sleep right away like Sensei had said... I stood up and got dressed. I looked out of the window, the winter was coming.. "Y/n, are you awake yet?" Sensei shouted from the other room. "Yes, I am Sensei. One sec!" I quickly grabbed my kimono and walked out of my room, closing the door behind me. 

"Good morning, I've made pork cutlet bowls for you. I'm gonna explain all the breathing techniques to you now" Sensei told me. I picked up the pork cutlet bowl and started to eat. 

"So, I assume you've probably heard of Sun Breathing?" I nodded. "Sun breathing is the very first breathing technique, it's creator: Yoriichi Tsugikuni. But more breathings were invented out of Sun Breathing, those breathings are: Water Breathing, Flame Breathing, Wind Breathing, Thunder Breathing, Stone Breathing, Moon Breathing and lastly The Dance Of The Fire God." He continued, 

"And out of those breathings, even more were created: Flower Breathing, Serpent Breathing, Love Breathing, Mist Breathing, Beast Breathing and Sound Breathing. And out of Flower Breathing, Insect Breathing was created." I had just finished my breakfast, but was still listening to Sensei. This was interesting..

"You could create your own breathing, but remember that I am still teaching you a specific breathing, so I recommend creating a new breathing after Final Selection" 

Ah, Final Selection. The test where you need to survive seven full nights at Mount Fujikasane, where Wisteria flowers bloom every season from the mountain's foot to its slope.

"If everything goes well, you'll be attending Final Selection in 7 months." He told me, 

That's faster than dad. It took him one whole year before going to Final Selection, mom had told me. It's probably because I was at the start already good at fighting and surviving. So I'm happy! 

"Shall we begin the 'harsh' training, Y/n?" Sensei asked me. I nodded, "Bring it on!!"

We arrived home again at night after literally 8 hours!! I can't feel my legs anymore! The training was really, really, REALLY hard!! Like, I can't even describe it! I just want to sleep but Sensei said he had to tell me one more thing about the Breathing Styles. 

I opened the front door and stepped inside. Sensei came in and closed the door behind him. He sat down at the table, "So, one last thing.. Just remember all the Breathing Styles I had told you this morning, they're all just copies. Never forget that, Y/n!''

I walked into my room. I said good night to Sensei, he looked really tired as well.. 

No energy to write in my diary, I just want to sleep right now! I closed my eyes.. And fell asleep...

I woke up in a strange place...Not in a forest... It was a city! ''Where the hell am I?..'' I mumbled to myself,

 ''Yoshiwara'' someone replied behind me. I turned again quickly and was alert! ''Seiko...?'' I said. Seiko hasn't  visited my dreams in a long time, why now? 

Seiko nodded, ''This place is Yoshiwara, Japan's famed red-light district,''  I looked around, it was beautiful here! ''Where were you all that time? You left me!'' Seiko didn't show any emotion after I said that. ''I didn't leave you. I've always been by your side, but you didn't know''  He said. ''If that's true, where were you that I didn't know?'' I asked him directly. He smiled, ''I can't tell exactly but... I'll always guide you the correct way'' 

       What!!?- I still don't know where he'd been! Is it something else for me to solve!? Nah, no time for playing detective right now, I have to become a Demon Slayer!! ''What's wrong, Y/n?'' Seiko asked me. Was he still here- ''Nothing...'' He's still a stranger to me... ''Look at the moon closely, Y/n..'' Seiko suddenly said. I did as he told me and looked closely at the bright, yellowish moon. What the hell is this for?!  Strangely enough, the longer I looked at the moon the closer it came to me! ''Keep looking!'' Seiko said, as if he could read my mind. I really wanted to look away but I felt like I was being forced to look, as a magnet! 

It went dark and I fell on the ground... It felt like someone smashed my head with a katana! I heard some people talking in the background, "Hopefully it worked.." A man said. ''I am really sure it worked, don't worry'' Another person said, it sounded like Seiko...

''You awake, Y/n?'' Someone shouted from the other room. Of course it was Sensei. ''I am now, give me a minute!'' I stood up and got dressed, after that, I walked out of my room. Ready for breakfast. ''Sensei, I had this weird dream..'' Sensei looked at me after giving me a bowl of noodles, ''What was it about then?'' He started eating. ''Well, there was this weird person who visited my dreams a couple of times now, including this one.. Seiko Takana was his name I believe?'' I stopped talking. Sensei looked shocked, ''Seiko Takana...'' He looked at the ceiling and closed his eyes, ''He died years ago..'' 

Was that a tear I saw on Sensei's cheek? ''I'm so so sorry!'' I apologized quickly.  He wiped his small tears away, "He died a year ago.. In a fight against Upper Moon Demon 1.." I had finished my noodles. "The Upper Moon Demon 1 ran into him and immediately started fighting him without any mercy, he stood no chance and died.." He told me. I feel so bad, reminding him of this horrifying event..  "I am so sorry Sensei, I didn't know.." He took a deep breath, "Shall we begin today's training?" I nodded slowly

Today's training wasn't that hard just as I expected, but still challenging. Sensei would throw a lot of bamboo at the same time towards me from different directions. And I had to defend myself by slicing them. After that he asked me what breathing I wanted the most, which I found really weird but I answered it anyway. I told him it was Mist Breathing. After that he asked me what Mist Breathing and the others were, "They're just copies" I had told him. He nodded, "Correct!" 

Another chapter!! This one's a little shorter and may be more boring in my opinion. Enjoy this chapter and I'll see you next chapter<3👋