Comfort

Shinobu walked into my room a minute after Obanai had left. "Hey, uhm" I started. "I'm sorry about your sister.." I said. Shinobu didn't respond. She sat down on my bed. GOD, WHY MUST EVERYONE SIT DOWN ON MY BED!? "You know, I never knew why I joined the Demon Slayer Corps" She told me. "But my sister.." She paused. "She told me to leave the Demon Slayer Corps, before she died in my arms" 

"She is right, you should do as she says" I told her. Shinobu sighs. "But now I finally have a reason to be in the Demon Slayer Corps, and why I must continue" I smiled and laid my hand on her shoulder. "Then continue. Continue and never stop" I said. 

She turned her head to me. "Thanks Y/n" 
"Wanna tell me what your current goal is then?" I asked, hoping that she would tell me. She smiled, "I guess it's killing demons, especially Upper Moon 2, as most painful as it can be!" I took my hand off her shoulder. "Work towards that goal" I told her. She nodded, "I will, thanks Y/n!" She stood up and left after saying goodbye. 

Yeez it must've been tough for her.. Watching your sister die in your arms while you are holding one last, short talk. Poor her.. 

I was going to sleep. I was tired and couldn't keep my eyes open. It didn't take long for me to fall asleep. 

I opened my eyes, seeing Yasuo standing in front of me. He didn't look like a demon so I knew it was a dream. "Yasuo..." I began. He didn't respond. "I-I'm sorry! Sorry that I couldn't protect you, sorry that I wasn't by your side, sorry that I wasn't strong enough! Sorry that-" 
"You don't have to be, Y/n" He said. I felt tears running down my cheeks. "Y/n, just focus on moving on alright? And just a reminder.. I'm not dead yet, don't forget that!" He told me. My eyes widened as he said that. That's right.. He's not dead. Maybe I can find him again.. No, that's a bad idea. "Don't try to look for me" Yasuo said, as if he could read my mind. "W-why?.." 
"It would cause you problems, besides, demons forget their human life so maybe I did too" 
It was quiet for a few seconds.. "Our time is up, I love you Y/n" 

I woke up, remembering everything from that dream. I stood up and got dressed. I grabbed my blade and left the room. My crow came flying towards me. "New mission!" Already? "New optional mission! Hashira found an Upper Moon" Wow.. "Thanks, will you bring me?" I asked my crow. "Caw" I launched my crow into the air and started following him. 

The mission was far away from the Butterfly Mansion. It took me almost a whole day to get there. When I arrived at the location, I noticed the Sound and Wind Hashira discussing something so I decided to join them. 
"Hey, Y/n!" Tengen, the Sound Hashira greeted. "Hi, Tengen" I turned my head to the Wind Hashira, "Sanemi" I greeted him too,  he didn't react though.
"So what have you guys got?" I asked them. "Well.. We know this demon is an Upper Moon but we don't know which one yet" 
"Well then cross off the Upper Moon 4 because I don't expect them to return" I told them.
"Okay, but that's all we got plus location here, we only have to look for it" Tengen said. "Agreed, we'll split up right away" Sanemi said. Tengen and I both agreed and we all split up. 

*

Now I was all alone, looking for a possible Upper Moon demon right after my recovery. I mean I did have the stamina and strength for it, just not the motivation. 
It hasn't even been 10 minutes and I already got blown away by a massive wind blow that came from the path Sanemi went to. "What the fuck" I yelled at myself, since no one was nearby me. I ran towards Sanemi. That was really quick though.. I also wonder which Upper Moon it is! "You got it?" I asked Sanemi, screaming, as I arrived. "Didn't you feel that huge blow?" Sanemi answered, irritated. Tengen also arrived a few seconds later. "Let's see!" Tengen was really interested in the demon and which one we got. The dust that was caused by that blow and had appeared around the demon, started to fade away. 
I grabbed my katana, and so did Sanemi and Tengen. "Wait" Sanemi commanded us. 
Then the dust finally faded away.. and... I tried to look in his eyes to hopefully get to read which demon we were facing. But Sanemi read it before me and shouted: "Upper 3!" 
I grabbed my katana even tighter when I heard that. 

"Hello, I am Akaza" The Upper Moon 3 said. No one reacted. "How polite" Akaza said with sarcasm. Akaza started running towards Sanemi. Tengen and Sanemi ran towards Akaza, so I did too. 
Sanemi launched a powerful attack on Akaza, but I didn't seem to affect him that much. When Tengen had the space he, also, launched an attack on Akaza. Which did seem to slice his hand off, but when I blinked again, it had already regenerated. I decided to jump into the fight and also launch an attack.  

Shadow Breathing: First form: Slash 'n dash
(A first form where the user slices its appointment and dashes up into the air unexpectedly while creating a shadowy barrier)

I  missed but cleared the way for Sanemi to strike which almost hit Akaza's neck. Sanemi, Tengen and I jumped back and so did Akaza. 
"Is that a girl?" Akaza asked while looking at me with a smile on his face. "Yes. Yeah I am a girl" I answered him. 
"Ahah, you're lucky, 'cause I don't fight girls. I only fight the weak people, they disgust me" Akaza said, clenching his fists. 

"Blood Demon Art: Destructive Death, Compass Needle" He spoke. A giant snowflake appeared beneath Akaza. He smiled. "Let us begin!" 

Heya, I managed to upload a chapter while still not having any time(and motivation) to write. Here it is, enjoy! 1040 words