Risking

"Oh cool.. But why didn't you just follow him?" Mei asked me, "Well, he probably doesn't want me around and he wants to survive by himself to prove that he is good enough to become a Demon Slayers swordsman" I told her, she nodded. "Let's go" I said eventually.

We walked the opposite way of Roka. On our way we ran into 2 demons before it was time to rest, again. The next day we started to walk our way back to our very first base.

"There are a lot of dead Slayers here.." Mei said. I nodded carefully, "They died heroic" I guess... After we settled down, we heard some loud footsteps coming our way. "What is that?!" Mei asked me, scared, "I don't know, grab your katana!" I replied and grabbed my katana. The loud footsteps came from a nearby bush, and something jumped out of it! It was a small demon with extreme tick feet and it jumped our way! "Watch out Mei!!" I screamed and dodged the demon's attack but it grabbed Mei's head! "Let her go!!!" I screamed angry. Wind Breathing, eighth form: Primary Gale Slash!!

I missed it!! NO- Mei started sobbing while being held by the demon. I couldn't let her die! Not here, not now!! "You can continue without me, I'm good for nothing in these situations" Mei said and closed her eyes, "I won't let you die Mei, keep that in mind!!" I shouted back. Concentrate Y/n.. Wind breathing, fourth form: Rising Dust Storm! 

I missed it again! Dammit!!!!! I need to concentrate more this time! "See? Just let me die here.." Mei said, the demon was about to eat her, but not on my watch! Wind Breathing, first form: Dust Whirlwind Cutter! 

I heard a gasp behind me, it was Mei.. "Why did you save me, Y/n?" She asked, "Because you are my friend and I'll not let you die!" I told her. Words spoken from the heart.. What?! It was the Voice again.. I hadn't heard it in a year, why show up now?! Because this was the right time, and you evolved so much! Thanks?.. Another demon showed up from the same bush, this one was larger

Mei's pov:

I can't take this anymore.. I'm too weak! And Y/n's risking her life just for me- Why..why? WHY!? I should show her what I can do to this demon! It is the demon that killed my friend after all.. 

Mist Breathing, fourth form: Shifting Flow Slash!

Y/n's pov:

Mei was nowhere around and there was so much mist all of a sudden.. Something was moving in the mist, was it Mei? I hope so.. I wanted to run into the mist but I couldn't do that, it's too risky. Something or someone was walking towards me, it was indeed Mei! "Did you kill the demon?" I asked her. She nodded and fell on the ground! "Don't die Y/n" she said, "Wait what!?" I then noticed a huge sort of knife in her back, she was bleeding too much.. "Don't die!!!" I ran towards her. I tried to stop the bleeding but I don't know how! "Don't you dare die on me Mei!" She smiled and looked me in the eyes, "Survive okay? Kill the Upper Moons" I grabbed her hand, and we both started crying, "That's the only thing you need to do. I'll follow you, alright?" She started closing her eyes slowly, "DON'T YOU DARE CLOSE THOSE EYES!!!!" I screamed, this couldn't be happening!!!! "I REFUSE TO SEE YOU GO DOWN HERE!" She's gone, Y/n... Shut the fuck up! I don't want to hear anything from you!! "AGHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" I cried even more now. 

I sat there... Many, many hours.. 

Days passed and I just couldn't move on! Losing a friend like that is just so hard to deal with. It now was day 6 of the Final Selection and nothing strange had happened. I was just killing demons that I ran into, that's all. Nothing more.. Then I heard somewhere a loud demon-like voice saying: "What is this? A new Slayer? I can't believe I'm actually getting fed here!!" 

I must save the person in danger! I ran and ran until I reached the place where the sound came from. I'm glad I buried Mei's body.. "I'll fucking kill you!!!" A boy screamed at the demon. I found out that it was Roka fighting the demon. When did he learn to curse...? "Roka! Are you okay?" I shouted. He looked at me and nodded heavily, "I can handle this myself!"