The Main Character of the Gossip

"Is this what happened to ENHYPEN Jake and Heeseung last week as they abruptly canceled their participation in US Weekly K-Pop?"

I followed the distinct voice of Jungwon to the living room. What is he talking about?

"Eagle-eyed Engene/MOA were shocked to see Enhypen Jake and Tomorrow x Together Beomgyu so close while at a restaurant with band mates Enhypen Sunoo and TXT Taehyun."

I walked into the living room where Jungwon sat on the large sofa reading a tabloid out loud to Sunoo and Ni-Ki.

"As we know, Heeseung and Jake did not appear on their radio program Friday. The company cited a scheduling conflict. But was that really the case? Did Jake and Beomgyu have a falling out? Is this them making up? Or has Jake moved on from the English-speaking Idol introduced to him by Felix and Bang Chan?"

"That's not bad," Ni-Ki said as Jungwon threw the paper on the table in front of him. "It doesn't say they're a thing. It seems to imply they didn't get along and fixed it".

"I just don't understand why the tabloids have been so very fixated on Jake," Sunoo said. His phone dinged with an incoming message, and he looked down to check it. "And Beomgyu is weirdly freaking out. At an alarming level. Like it seems extreme given the article".

Sunoo was quickly typing his reply as I cleared my throat to let them know I was there. The back of the couch faces my room, so I'd walked into this conversation without them knowing.

"Good morning, guys!" I smiled, yawning. I was still so sleepy even though I'd gotten to sleep in.

"Morning!" Sunoo smiled, "is Sunghoon awake yet?"

"No, he's knocked out,"

Sunoo nodded. "I'll just let him sleep, then"

"So, what's that?" I pushed my chin out toward the tabloid on the table.

I watched as Jungwon weighed whether he should share it with me, ultimately deciding it was pointless to hide it. He grabbed the article from the table and handed it to me.

On the front was a picture of Beomgyu and Jake in a hug. The article below that I'd just heard.

"You good?" Jungwon asked.

"Pffff" I laughed, "it's Beomgyu. Of course, I'm fine."

"Yeah, but like. ANOTHER article with ANOTHER Jake dating rumor?"

I looked Jungwon in the eye. "Again. It's Beomgyu." I probably sounded more annoyed than intended but...it's Beomgyu. And while I think he's extremely good looking, I also don't think he would be interested in Jake - or the other way around."

Sunoo's phone rang and he answered, standing up to leave the room. "Taehyun? Ok what the hell is going on with Beomgyu?! Why is he freaking out?"

He listened as he walked down the hall toward his room where he shut the door.