Chapter 7- The Mind Flayer

After a while, the group were now all walking along the railway track, just continuing forward

Mischief had been wincing slightly every few minutes, earning concerned looks from Max.

Lucas pursed his lips, looking at Dustin, raising a brow. "You're positive that was Dart?"

The Henderson boy nodded slightly, sighing. "Yes. He had the same exact yellow pattern on his butt."

Lena made a face at that. Jesus boys were weird.

Max furrowed her eyebrows, glancing at Mischief once more. "He was tiny two days ago."

The curly-headed boy nodded, shrugging. "Well, he's molted three times already."

Steve gave a look of confusion, looking at the boy slightly. "Malted?"

The younger boy huffed, shaking his head. "Molted. Shed his skin to make room for growth like hornworms."

Lena pursed her lips, clicking her tounge. "When's he gonna molt again?"

The Henderson boy shrugged slightly, pursing his lips. "It's gotta be soon. When he does, he'll be fully grown, or close to it. And so will his friends."

Steve nodded slightly, shaking his head, sharing a look with Mischief, before speaking. "Yeah, and he's gonna eat alot more than just cats."

Lucas and Lena shared a look, both stopping, the Sinclair boy holding a hand out in front of Dustin.

The Sinclair boy furrowed his eyebrows, giving a look of confusion. "Wait, a cat? Dart ate a cat?"

Dustin quickly shook his head, smiling nervously. "No, what? No."

Mischief furrowed her eyebrows, giving him a look. "What are you talking about? He ate Mews."

Max turned to the girl, grabbing her arm slightly, raising a brow. "Mews? Who's Mews?"

The taller girl shrugged, looking down at the girl. "It's Dustin's cat."

After she said that, she looked around at the others, seeing the looks on their faces, making her eyes widen slightly, waving a hand.

The Wheeler girl quickly shook her head. "Wait, no. Oh, crap."

The curly-headed boy gave his best friend a look of disbelief. "Spider-Man!"

"I'm sorry!" The girl waved her hand, visibly wincing at the look on Lucas and Lena's faces.

The Sinclair boy huffed, shoving the boy slightly. "I knew it! You kept him!"

Dustin shook his head, opening and closing his mouth a few times. "No! No. No, I... no, I... he missed me. He wanted to come home."

The youngest Harrington rolled her eyes, giving a look of disbelief. "Bullshit!"