22. Dear Billy

Chapter Twenty-Two ☆ Dear Billy

Chapter Twenty-Two Dear Billy

Season 4 Episode Four

■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■

It didn't take long for, Robin, Nancy, Dove and Lena to reach the school, and by that time, Max had woken up from her trance.

The group were now all stood behind the girl, her shinning her flashlight at a wall, where she saw a grandfather clock.

Mischief was stood rather close to the girl, subconsciously trying to give the shorter girl comfort without realising it.

"It was here. Right here." Max nodded slightly, gesturing to the wall, eyes glazing over.

Nancy pursed her lips. "A grandfather clock?"

The Mayfield girl nodded, a tear falling down her cheek. "It was so real. And then, when I got closer, suddenly I just... I woke up."

Dustin frowned a little. "It was like she was in a trance or something. Exactly what Eddie said happened to Chrissy."

Mischief flinched slightly as the boy said that, clenching her jaw. "Don't fucking say that."

The others all shared a look, whilst Max just frowned, subtly stepping closer to the girl to try and relax her.

The red-head looked between them all for a moment. "That's not even the bad part."

The group shared a look, before all walking back into Ms. Kelley's office, moving to stand around the desk.

Max took a breath, before speaking, clearing her throat. "Fred and Chrissy, they both came to Ms. Kelley for help. Uh, they both were having headaches, bad headaches that just wouldn't go away. And then... then the nightmares. Trouble sleeping. They'd wake up in a cold sweat." As the girl explained all of the symptoms, Dove, Nell and Nancy all took a glance at Mischief, knowing she'd been experiencing these things. "And then they started seeing things. Bad things. From their past. And these visions, they just... they kept on getting worse and worse, until eventually... everything ended." The girl explained, whilst Mischief just focused on keeping her heart steady.

Robin nodded. "Vecna's curse."

The Mayfield girl swallowed thickly, glancing at Mischief for a moment, desperately needing her right now, before looking away. "Chrissy's headaches started a week ago. Fred's, six days ago. I've been having them for five days. I don't know how long I have. All I know is that, for Fred and Chrissy, they both died less than 24 hours after their first vision." She paused slightly, tears forming in her eyes as she waved a hand up. "And I just saw that goddamn clock, so..." She breathed shakily. "...looks like I'm gonna die tomorrow."

Mischief swallowed thickly, her whole body going tense, those six words making her heart plummet down to her stomach, clenching her fists at her sides.

The others all shared a look, it going quiet for a moment, no one knowing what to say.