Chapter 8- The Gate

When Mischief woke up, she groaned slightly, her head hurting, making her reach up, gently rubbing her eyes

The girl then sat up, feeling slightly dizzy, making a hand gently grab her shoulder, rubbing her back.

Mischief furrowed her eyebrows, looking at the person, eyes widening slightly, doing a double take.

The dirty blonde's eyes glazed over slightly, breathing shakily. "E- Ellie...?"

El smiled softly, nodding slightly, looking the girl over. "Hi, Mischief."

The Wheeler girl breathed shakily, swallowing thickly, before instantly hugging the girl, sighing in contentment.

God, she really needed the girl.

El smiled, chuckling slightly, wrapping her arms around the girl, holding her tightly, kissing the side of her head.

After a moment, the two pulled away, smiling softly at each other, having missed one another more than words can describe.

The taller girl pursed her lips, looking the girl over. "Are you... are you really here? Like... you're not just, in my head or something?"

The Hopper girl shook her head, reaching up to wipe a tear that fell from the Wheeler girls face. "I'm here, Mischief. I promise."

The dirty blonde nodded slightly, knowing that a promise coming from El was the truth.

Mischief nodded, smiling slightly. "Okay." She then furrowed her eyebrows. "But, how-"

"Hopper." The shorter girl cut her off, shrugging slightly.

The Wheeler girl pursed her lips, before sighing. "Okay, yeah. That makes sense. He... he hid you, didn't he?"

The brunette nodded, smiling slightly. "Yeah."

The taller girl nodded, before smiling softly. "I've missed you, Ellie."

El smiled softly, nodding. "I missed you, too, Mischief."

The two shared a smile, feeling like they were both whole again, considering they always found comfort in each other.

After a moment, Mischief went to move, getting up from the bed (which she now saw was Jonathan's), swaying slightly.

El quickly moved forward, grabbing the girls shoulders, keeping her steady, looking her over.

"You okay?" The brunette raised a brow, letting the girl take a breath.

The taller girl breathed shakily, nodding slightly. "Yeah. Yeah, I think so."

The Hopper girl nodded slightly, before wrapping an arm around the girls waist, helping her walk.

The two then moved towards the door, before El opened it, the two walking out, heading down the hall, towards the kitchen.

When they reached the kitchen, they saw everyone (minus Will) standing around the table.