022. sadness

LENNON had a clear idea of what she wanted to do with her life

LENNON had a clear idea of what she wanted to do with her life. She wanted to move to Europe, maybe live in a little English cottage, fields surrounding her view and a nearby lake where she would sit by a tree and read books till dawn arrived. After some time, she would probably get bored of the peaceful environment and eventually would move to Paris. She fantasised of an studio filled with plants, two bedrooms and one small bathroom everyone would hate but her. Then, in summer, she would either go to Spain or Italy. Probably both. And in the winter she would spend a week in somewhere cold, enjoying the snow. The USA would be nothing but a memory to her.

Of course, by her side would always be her sister Maxine. Hopefully, a dog would join them. They would name it Kate Bush, in honor of Max's favourite artist. Max would learn to drive at some point, and as soon as she got her license, they would buy a caravan to make their trips easier. They would be happy, and together, learning more about the world and other cultures. Lennon wasn't sure where the money would come from, but she hoped to someday have the answer to it.

What wasn't in her plans, was to fight yet another monster. She didn't want to resolve any mystery, but the one regarding how would she get enough money to get her sister out of Indiana. But there they were, at Hawkins' public high school, trying to find a way of proving Eddie's innocence while figuring out how to stop whatever was happening. In the car ride there, they had finally made contact with Lucas via walkie-talkie, and he informed them he wouldn't be joining them soon, as he had matters of his own. Lennon made sure to tell him to be careful, and go to them in case of emergency. But, Lucas assured he could hold his own for now.

Lennon tried to stop herself from daydreaming in that awful situation, but seeing as her mind was clouded by negative thoughts, her brain was doing as much as possible to ease the pain even if it was a little bit. Lost in thought, she didn't realise Steve and Dustin had stopped in front of her as Max opened the door to Ms. Kelley's office. It wasn't until she bumped with the former, who stared at her with concerned, that she realised they had arrived. Furrowing in confusion, she entered behind her sister, using her flashlight to see where she was stepping. Dustin and Steve shared a confused glance before stepping in as well, with the latter saying, "It's like a mini-Watergate or something." Max and Lennon ignored them as the youngest sister opened a drawer

"Hawkinsgate." Dustin corrected him.

"Didn't those guys get caught?" Steve wondered.

"Holy shit." Max's exclamation gained their attention, neither taking notice of how she stared more at her sister's file than the others.

"You found it?" Steve asked her, stepping besides Lennon who was furrowing at her own file.

"Yeah, and not just Chrissy's file. Fred was seeing Ms. Kelley too." She said as she held one of them out. They all shared a look, one of realisation before Max went back to grab the files. Lennon and Steve walked up to the table, with Dustin following them. Max dropped the files in front of them in the table, but not before hiding her sister's one on her back, under her clothes. Lennon was unaware of the guilty look her sister sent her. The poor Max couldn't help it tho, as her sister had been too secretive with her.