Emmy Awards

I sat at the vanity in the bathroom, curling my hair as I watched myself in the mirror. I'd done my make up to the best of my ability, a bronzed eye shadow look to compliment my evening gown. Evan had been invited to the Emmy Award ceremony, encouraged to bring along his partner, after a nomination for his role in Mare of Easttown. My heart set on fire when I found out he could be getting an award, nothing could make me more proud of him. His hard work and dedication over the past few weeks had drawn a small gap between us, as he was desperately filming for an up and coming drama series and was hardly home.

As much as I longed for his company, especially now that I hadn't spoken to Dana in over a month (apart from when I finally packed all my things and said I wasn't coming back), Todd was always by my side when I needed him. We'd built a strong foundation for a long-lasting friendship over the past month, and when Evan couldn't drop me off on campus, he'd come and pick me up from our apartment.

Tonight, I was solely focused on Evan, and keen to celebrate his stellar achievement. When I'd finished curling my hair, and making the final touches to my make up, I got up to walk into the living room, where Evan was laying lazily on the couch, his eyes glued to his phone. He looked undeniably handsome, his hair grown from the short cut they'd been given him while filming, his body clad in a well-fitted tuxedo paired with the cutest black bow tie. I swooned over him, as his eyes finally left his phone to meet mine.

"Holy shit Alex," he got up off the couch, and grabbed onto my hand with his warm one, "you look so fucking beautiful," he brought my hand up above my head and twirled me around, making me shuffle in my high heels.

"You don't look too bad yourself, handsome boy," I complimented him, running a hand across his chest in his white dress shirt.

"How did I get so lucky?" His arms wrapped around my waist, as he leaned in to kiss me. I breathed in his musky cologne, melting into his sweet kiss before we pulled away.

"We've got a driver coming, you ready for our first public outing?" Evan smiled at me, but I could sense he felt concern for me behind his eyes.

"Of course, let's get this over and done with," I joked, grabbing onto his large hand and walking with him to the front door of our apartment. It was true, since the window-sex incident, we hadn't gone public, hiding away in our little apartment and deciding that this awards ceremony would be the right time to out our relationship.

The chauffeur opened my car door for me, as I slipped in beside Evan. I'd never been in a car so fancy, the seats decked out in the most luxurious leather, tiny lights on the ceiling of the car in the most beautiful constellation.

"Ev, this is crazy!" I whisper to him, hearing his low chuckle as he places his hand on my thigh.

"I guess we have to get used to this new high life," he replies, squeezing my thigh as we drive off. Suddenly I feel nervous, and I have second doubts. Who even was I? And why did Evan choose me of all people? He was famous now and I was a nobody, it scared me what the media might say about me, and what they could find out.

Evan could sense I was tense, and leaned over to kiss me on the cheek.

"You alright babe?" He asked, his face filled with concern as he looked at me.

"Yeah just- nervous," I said with a deep breath, Evan rubbing his thumb over my leg.

"You'll be okay baby you don't have to say anything just, smile, that's what I do," he lets out a laugh and it makes me feel better knowing I didn't have to do this alone and Evan was going to take care of me.

When we pulled up outside of the venue, my heart skipped a beat from the masses of people, celebrities, paparazzi, fans. It made me almost want to hurl.