Chapter 20- wrapping it up~

The following day, Alma and I had decided to wake Olive and Enoch early to care for the children, while the two of us, would go to present time to watch the news. Only to check if my father was truly dead... once we'd reached the priest whole my body made a stop. Alma whose hand i was holding got pulled aback by this making her glance over me with a worried look.

"Are you alright love?" She asked and I looked up at her not quite sure what to say.

"Alma I can't-" i started but cut myself of when I wasn't even able to say it.

"That's why we're here together." She said. This melted my heart and i got the courage to move on. Please be dead, please be dead, please be dead?! We entered the pub were the owner, Kev, greeted us.

"Heya, can i getcha anything?" He asked.

"Just two waters please" Alma answered before you could get any ideas...

"Comin right up" he said before going to fill up the glasses. Meanwhile Alma took a seat and gestured for me to do the same. I was hesitant to do so since my nerves were shooting through the roof, but ended up sitting down right next to her. Kev came back with the two glasses of water but before he could go, Alma asked him if he could turn on the television for the news. He did that and the two of us waited patiently for the news to finally come on, and when they did, they shot right to the -now ruined- Blackpool tower.

"Yesterday out of nowhere, the Blackpool tower fell. Police has determined that it was done from inside, and whom ever did it, was found dead. No other people were harmed, making police think it was a suicide attempt" said the reporter and I practically screamed out of joy. Alma and I both got up were I jumped into her arms while she turned, swinging me through the air. Kev looked confused but hadn't listened to the news, so he just laughed along.

"So we can go home now?" Alma asked andI nodded with a smile.

"Yeah. Let's do that." I said happily whereafter we paid for the water and walked home. Alma turned into a bird halfway though, and sat on my shoulder.

"Oh- i see. You want a ride home huh?" I said grinning. The bird nuzzled its head on my cheek making me laugh a little, before rolling my eyes with a smile, and starting the walk home...

-2 years later-

"Millard- how do you even-" I said cutting myself off to pinch the bridge of my nose.

"Miss Adilene! I swear to the birds i saw it!" The boy said, insisting.

"I- okay i'll check- but only, because i want you to go to bed." I said strictly yet with a soft look.

"Thank you!" He said putting his hands together. I walked upstairs the boy behind me, to go remove the supposed spider he had seen. To my surprise i found several doors open including Alma's. At first i assumed she was tucking the children in, but they were all standing outside in the hallway.

"Okay, so why is no one in bed?" I said furrowing my brows in confusion.

"Oh no reason" Emma said mysteriously. She pulled me over making us now stand directly in front if miss peregrines door.

"Wha-" i was cut off by my own scream as she pushed me inside Alma's room and locked the door.

"Hey- Emma!" I called out while throwing myself against the door.

"That won't be very helpful dear" I hear her voice, making me immediately turn around. I only see a box on the bed with a note addressed to me.

Dear y/n.
I hope you will take the time to read this note, as it is just the slightest bit important for this all to go well.