Chapter 14; Are your hands cold now?

Dream sat down next to Sapnap on the couch, watching a Christmas movie with him while George was baking cookies in the other room. Dream offered to help, but George insisted that he could do it on his own, even though he knew he probably couldn't.

"I thought George was watching the movie with us?" Sapnap said, putting all the wrapped presents under the tree. Dream handed him a few more presents and poked his head around the wall to see George, reading the instructions closely. He smiled and walked back over to Sapnap.

"Nah, he's baking something for us. I offered to help but he insisted on surprising us with it."

"Okay, do you wanna watch 'Christmas With The Kranks' while we wait?" He walked over to the couch and waited for Dream to join him, but he was still looking into the kitchen from a distance to see George. Sure, he could ask to help, but if George insisted on doing it himself, he'd let him be until he asked for help.

"Hello? Stop staring at Mr.Chef and look at the TV." Sapnap began playing the movie, finally catching Dream's attention. He took one last glance at George and then sat down next to Sapnap, watching the movie with him.

Dream wasn't watching he movie because he was panicking about what he has to do today. He has to tell George about his feelings for him but he was too worried about what George would say. There wasn't any hope really, he'd just have to confess and hope for a miracle, or maybe the feelings to get buried.

"Oh c'mon, cheer up, Dream. It's Christmas!" Sapnap put an arm around him and handed him a gingerbread cookie. He took a bite of it and tried to force himself to focus on the TV, when all he could think about was how he was going to confess.

"It's actually Christmas Eve." Dream corrected to make Sapnap annoyed. Sapnap nudged him with his shoulder and went to say something but he heard a glass break. Dream sat up and was the first to come running into the kitchen to see George scooping up a broken glass.

"I'm sorry, it slipped." George picked up more of the glass and put it on the kitchen side. The kitchen was messy, all the ingredients for cookies spread around the kitchen island.

"It's okay, just leave it there and I'll pick it up because you'll get glass shards in your hands." Dream opened one of the kitchen cupboards and took out a dustpan and brush.

"Okay, sorry." George dusted his hands off and watched Dream scoop it up. He tipped it into the dustbin and double checked to see if he accidentally left any glass behind as he wouldn't want Patches or anyone else getting hurt.

"It's okay- wait, you haven't even started the cookies?" Exclaimed Dream, looking at all the ingredients spread across the kitchen island. George laughed and shooke his head, handing him the instructions.

"Look, I'll start you off, but you have to help at some point." Dream put the flour on the counter and started mixing all the ingredients for the dough together. George watched him and sat on the counter, smiling at how easy it was to get Dream to do things for him.

"C'mon George, you can mix it too." He said, handing him the bowl, George sighed and jumped down, purposefully mixing the ingredients together slowly so it didn't look like he was doing a good job.

"George, I won't do it all for you, look-" Dream stood behind him and put a hand on top of George's, guiding him on how to mix it properly. George froze up, his whole body feeling unusual tingles as Dream held his hand. He didn't know why he kept getting these tingles, but last night, when Dream kissed his neck, he couldn't think of anything else.

"See, you got the hang of it." He smiled, mostly at the fact he had an excuse to hold George's hand once again. He loved holding George's hand, he always wanted to hold his hand but was too embarrassed to ask incase George would think he's weird. Little opportunities like that made him smile.