Chapter 5; Do you hate me?

Dream woke up to someone tapping on his shoulder aggressively. He rubbed his eyes and yawned, pausing the music that was playing from his PC, signalling he fell asleep accidentally once again. He squinted his eyes and looked up to see Sapnap, looking quite infuriated. Immediately, Dream jumped to the conclusion that Salman had found out about him liking George from Bad telling him, so he began searching for an excuse to use.

"Dream, this isn't fair anymore." Sapnap said, ripping the headphones off Dream's head, dropping them on the floor. Dream looked at Sapnap with a face of confusion, he had no idea what he had done wrong now, because it was clear it wasn't about him liking George, so what could it be?

"What?"

"George."

"What about him?" Dream felt panic arise in him like he had never felt before, his heart was in his throat, and he felt like he was going to throw it up he was that scared.

"He literally came into my room, sat down on my bed next to me and just hugged me. I asked him why and then he just rambled on about how he was worried about you and how much you hate him. He's worried about you, and he literally just had a breakdown in front of me. He didn't cry, but he looked like he was going to."

"Wh-why didn't he just come to me?"

"He's been trying to know what's up with you. I don't know what's wrong with you, but whatever it is it's taking over your life and separating you away from me and George."

"I don't hate him."

"He's in my room, I'll send him in here for you to tell him. I'm going to the supermarket and if you two haven't made up or made out by the time I get because we are going to have a huge issue."

Dream sat and switched off his PC so he wouldn't get distracted when George would talk to him, that's if he even would talk to him. He started worrying, he made George upset when all his was trying to do was prevent that from happening by confessing. There was no intention to hurt George's feelings, he just wanted to avoid accidentally confessing so George wouldn't feel awkward around him. He sat down on the bed and started thinking of things to say.

Dream turned around when he heard the bedroom door shut and a car pull of the driveway. George was standing in the doorway, awkwardly while waiting for Dream to do or say something. He walked over to the desk and sat down on Dream's spinning chair, rolling it forward to Dream so there was a fair distance between them. Dream finally looked him in the eyes and felt like guilt kicked him in the stomach.

"Do you hate me?" George had no emotion on his face. He looked like he was fighting to not breakdown into tears. Dream could see how glossy his eyes were and how broken his voice was when he said it, George wasn't the type of person to cry, so seeing him like this just made Dream feel like he fucked up big time.

"Do I hate you?" He repeated to himself out loud, still trying to process the question. It sounded unreal, hearing your best friend ask if you hated them. The question seemed ridiculous to hear, you'd never expect someone you love to say that.

"Do you hate me? It's a straightforward question." He retorted, seeming like he was annoyed at how Dream needed to ask once again rather than just answering.

"What? No, I don't hate you, I could never hate you. Why would you even think that?"

"You're so off around me lately. When I tried to watch a movie with you all I got was a blank stare. You don't hug me anymore, and this sounds dumb, but I just miss you. I'm trying to make you like me, but you just hate me."

"I don't hate you, George."

"Stop acting like you do then."

"What? No, I love you, George."