Chapter 8; Drive

"George just spoke to me and told me you're distancing yourself away from him again." Sapnap said while walking into Dream's room.

"I'm not." Dream said, pulling his headphones off his head to drop them down on the desk. He spun around to face Sapnap and glared at him.

"You are. You've locked yourself in your room all day today. If you want George to like you back, you have to at least try. When someone distances themselves away from you, you're gonna think they don't like you, so that's probably how George feels. I mean, not long ago, he nearly broke down because he thought you hated him."

"I don't know what to do."

"Go for a drive, take him shopping or something like that. Just spend time with him outside the house."

"Why outside the house?"

"So you can't just walk away from him and leave him."

"Okay, tell him to get ready then." Dream said, walking over to his closet to get dressed. He wasn't getting dressed to impress or anything, so he grabbed a pair of sweatpants and put a black t-shirt on as he wasn't going to get out of the car anyways.

"George? You got dressed quick."

"I fell asleep in these, we're not leaving the car so I'll just stay in these."

"How do you know we're staying in the car?" Dream said, grabbing Sapnap's car keys while walking out of his room. George followed him down the hallway and downstairs, it was like a force was pushing him to Dream all the time. Nearly all of their friends joked about how there was a 'dnf gravitational pull' where they would always end up shoulder-to-shoulder with eachother.

"Because I know you and I know you'd rather go for a drive than shop." George said, pulling the back part of the shoe up so his heel would go in the shoe. Dream just put on a random pair of shoes and opened the front door, waiting for George to put his shoes on.

"True." Dream said, shutting the door behind them as George skipped ahead of him.

Dream kept his hand on the handbreak as he drove. George looked at Dream and examined his side profile, he looked extremely concerntrated on his thoughts. Dream wasn't very secretive, he was open with George and Sapnap, but recently he wasn't. George knew Dream told Sapnap something, but he was too scared to ask him incase it was super private or maybe even a suprise. Whatever it was, Dream promised him he'd tell him at some point, so George wasn't too worried.

So far, the car ride wasn't working. Neither of them had spoken and Dream was most likely going to keep to himself so George had to do something. He couldn't think of anything but he needed to so Dream would either open up or promise him he'd be okay and would look after himself.

George had some suspicions, he wasn't going to name it nor was he going to tell anyone but it had made him question a lot of things that he never even thought about before.

George looked at Dream's hand and then looked back up at Dream. There came his idea, but it was extremely risky.

He slowly moved his hand over to the hand break and put his hand on top of Dream's. He kept his eyes on Dream to see how he would react. Dream tensed up, making George panic a little on the inside, but Dream didn't pull away, instead he moved his hand and turned it over to interlock it with George's.

Dream bit his cheek to stop himself from smiling as he knew George was looking at him. Driving late at night with his best friend in the car, the radio barely to be heard, and his hand interlocked with said best friend's, it all made his heart flutter.

"Are we uhm- I have a question."

"Yeah?"

"Do you wanna go for a walk? We don't have to now but we can go tomorrow if you want."