Chapter 15; Star gazing

"George this present is for you." Dream handed the brunette a present and smiled as he watched George shake the present with his ear pressed against the paper. George assumed it was clothes due to the feel of the package.

"Okay." He said tearing the first layer of paper off it. He looked up at Dream, who had stuck gift bows all over his face, laughing at George trying to hide his smile.

George opened the present to see a teddy bear. It was a soft milky brown colour with a heart in it's hands saying 'i love you'. It was clearly meant for a valentine's day gift, but Dream had given it to him now. He smiled and hugged it to show that he liked it.

He could never really express how much he liked gifts, so he would use them instead. If someone got him a hat he would put it on and smile to show that he liked it, rather than thanking them. George didn't know why it was so hard for him to do it, but it seemed his current way of appreciating things was working.

"What does it say?" Sapnap asked, not being able to read it because George had the bear facing his torso to hide it from Sapnap.

"Dream bought it, he can tell you."

"It says 'I love you', because it's true, duh." He said, taking it from George to show Sapnap, who immediately started teasing George about it. Dream handed it back to George, expecting him to put it in the present pile, or at least hide it somewhere, but he didn't, he kept it on his lap and had a hand infront of it so it wouldn't fall.

"What's it's name?" Dream asked, pointing to the bear. George looked at it and laughed to himself, having to cover his mouth to stop his muffled laughter from escaping his lips.

"Dream is an idiot."

"Wow, so creative, how did you ever think of that one?" Dream said with joke sarcasm, Sapnap laughed at George's joke, even giving him a high five at the 7 year old kid humor. Dream watched George analyse the bear while Sapnap opened his present, it sent a few butterflies in his stomach as he watched George hug it and give it headpats.

"Oh my god, thank you! This is that hoodie I was telling you about last week." Sapnap smiled, holding it close to his chest. George took note on how Sapnap expressed his feelings towards it so maybe next year he could at least try and appreciate the gifts verbally.

"You have your cards, you don't have to read them out loud it's fine." Dream handed Sapnap a card and the handed one to George, keeping a close eye on George as he put a message at the bottom.

'i love you, George' George read inside his head, too nervous to read the message at the bottom out loud. George smiled at him and looked over at Sapnap, listening to him mumble out sentences from the card, barely audible due to the Christmas songs playing.

"Well, I hope you guys liked your presents, I'm sorry if I missed anything out."

"You missed one thing out and that's my hug." Sapnap said, jumping out of his seat to give Dream a hug. Dream patted him on the back and turned to George, who was standing infront of him.

He looked at him and lifted his arms up, not even wrapping them around Dream's torso to pull him into a hug. Dream stepped forward and threw his arms around George, who gently pat his back. Dream had his head burrowed in the crook of George's neck as the hug lasted longer than both intended, not that they were complaining though.

"Well, are you gonna tell me it's actual name?" Dream tapped the teddy bears nose and made eye contact with George, who was in deep thought about what to name it.

"I don't know...Bear, I guess."

"You're so original." Sapnap booed, putting a thumbs down. Dream pulled away from the hug and helped George stack his presents on one another, making sure to put Bear at the very top.