Chapter 6; My heater is broken

"Wake up you two." Sapnap said, pulling the blankets off the two boys sleeping together. Dream groaned and rubbed his eyes with one hand, as his other hand was occupied. Occupied as George was laying on his arm from the position they fell asleep in. Normally, people would find their two male best friends sleeping in the same bed weird, but Sapnap knew how close they were, and he also knew that they had slept in the same bed multiple times before, just as friends.

"No, I'm tired." Dream groaned, turning over to face away from Sapnap.

"That's your fault for fucking your boyfriend all night, now get up." Sapnap tugged at the blanket Dream and George was sharing to try and wake him up.

"Whatever." Dream groaned, sitting up. He carefully moved his arm back, letting George lay on the pillow rather than his arm. Instead of waking George up, he decided to let him get some rest as he looked quite tired.

"Let George sleep, he's tired." Dream said, putting his hand over Sapnap's mouth to stop him from waking him up.

"What, from you kissing him all night?"

"No, and stop with the shipping jokes, we are never going to date so just stop with them."

"Bro are you good?"

"No, I just don't like it when you act like I'm his boyfriend. He's straight and doesn't like me in that way so just stop." Dream moved the blankets off of himself and stormed off out the room. Sapnap just stood there in pure confusion, not knowing why Dream had just snapped at him over a joke they had made a million times before. Something was clearly up because Dream normally didn't care at jokes like that, he was the one to make them most of the time.

"Are you okay? You just flipped out at me for no reason and I just wanna know why." Dream bit the inside of his lip and tugged at the skin, nervous. Sapnap was onto him and started noticing how different he was acting around George. There was a huge amount of guilt he was starting to feel, he felt guilty for liking George because of how much his relationship would change with George and Sapnap. Maybe Sapnap would feel left out or like he favourited George over him.

"Listen, I don't wanna force you into telling me anything, but I need you to know that you can't keep it in forever. If you tell me now, it will stay in the room, and no one will know. George is asleep and it's only me and you in here so if you wanna tell me, tell me now."

"It's just going to ruin everything. George is straight and I'll end up telling him and it'll ruin-"

"Hey-hey, it'll be fine you won't ruin any friendship, I promise. Do you wanna talk to me about it all somewhere else? We can go for a drive."

"Yeah alright." Dream stood up and grabbed a pair of shoes. Sapnap left the room and did the same, thinking about how Dream had said. He said something along the lines of George being straight, so he now had a small idea on what was bothering him. Once they were both dressed and ready, Sapnap quickly checked if George was still asleep and then he followed Dream out to the car.

"So, what's been going on?" Sapnap said softly as he started the car up. He didn't set the destination to anywhere in particular, he was just going to drive around the block and back while they had their private conversation. When he turned and looked at Dream, he saw he was biting his nails and looking out the window. Whatever this was he was completely nervous. Sapnap's first thought was Dream had asked George to go out with him and had rejected him, but that didn't seem right.

"It's dumb."

"It's not, if it's been bothering you this much then it's clearly going to have an impact of your life. I'm here for you, okay? I'll support you no matter what." He put a hand on Dream's shoulder and rubbed small circles on it to try and comfort him. It seemed to work because Dream seemed a lot less tense, and he had stopped biting his nails. Dream was completely silent, it was as if he was thinking what was best to say. Dream would normally be straight up with Sapnap, but this seemed different. After around 3 minutes of silence, Dream cleared his throat and spoke up.