31 - Chapter Thirty - One - Luca's Point Of View.

Somewhere along the way in trying to get air, I bumped into Alessio. He looked at me and spoke.

"Good. I was just coming to get you. I need a favour."

"What can I do for you?"

"I need to get something for Matteo. He's coming for a week or a few, while mom handles the rest of the things at home, and he's acting up so she's sending him here."

"I'm sure your father and Lukas are elated that he's coming back."

"They both are thrilled. They have talked about it nonstop for two days."

"Alright, let's head out—Wait, does Lev know you are leaving?"

"Yes Luca, and he knows you're going with me. I have my sidearm, and on and on. Let's go!"

"You're far too excited about this. Are you sure you're not running away?"

"From my sweet smothering husband? I would never."

"Does he or does he not know that you are taking off?"

"He knows. He is helping with last-minute details with Creed, and I wanted no part, so I told me I needed a gift for Matteo and he told me to take you."

"Right. Let's go then."

"Does Demitri and Theo—--"

"My job doesn't concern them." I said harshly before really thinking about it.

"Luca, holy attitude. I will hurt in spots that they won't be able to see. Keep it up."

"Promise or threat?" I chucked.

He sighed, running his hand through his hair.

"Maddox informed me about Theo's little one."

"Corinna."

"Pretty. That must be really stressful for him."

"It is."

Alessio and I walked outside. I started walking to his car, but he pulled me in the other direction.

"We have the keys to Lev's shiny SUV."

"Why do I feel like he is going to regret that?"

"He probably will."

First thing I did when I got in was buckle up and pull it tight.

"God, you act like I drive like a demon."

"Have you seen you driving?"

"It's not that bad."

"Not that bad. Yikes." I laughed.

"You can drive if you are that worried about it."

"Hell to the no thank you. Have you met your husband? I wouldn't like to make hit list."

"He doesn't have a hit list. But if you wreck his car, he might curse a little. If it's English, you're getting away safely, but if he is mad enough that he swears in his native tongue, then you will get lectured." He sighed.

"Alessio, he only lectures you. I might get decked."

"Maybe. Who knows?"

He started the SUV and peeled out of the driveway. The guards at the gate didn't move in the slightest as we left. Alessio turned up the radio, and we screamed songs all the way into town. Alessio stopped at a red light and checked his phone while he waited for it to turn. He set it down as the light turned green. He was halfway through the light when someone ran the red and slammed right into our side. There were several more smashes and crashes.